PDA

View Full Version : Mutatis Mutandis

Hell pirate
30th May 2009, 18:25
Helicopter operating limitations: SACAA Air-law

19.09.2 (1) Performance class 3 helicopters shall only be operated in condition of weather and light, and over such routes and diversions there from, which may permit a safe forced landing to be executed in the event of an engine failure.

(2) The provisions of sub-regulation (1) shall mutatis mutandis apply to performance class 2 helicopters prior to the defined point after take-off and after the defined point before landing.

(3)Only performance class 1 helicopters shall be permitted to operate from elevated heliports in built up urban areas.

I can not seem to get my head around mutatis mutandis even though I know what its surposed to mean in (2) Latin, literally ‘things being changed that have to be changed.’ or more simply "the necessary changes having been made".

Helicopter Performance classification
Class 2 helicopter - a helicopter with performance such that, in case of critical power unit failure, the helicopter is able to safely continue the flight, except when the landing, in which case a forced landing may be required:

So can anybody explain in simple english. Thanks :ugh: