PDA

View Full Version : Internet radio not working

Rwy in Sight
30th May 2009, 07:26
Hello PPRuNers,

My home page is that of a local radio station and it offers the option of listening to the program. It does so via another site. A couple of weeks ago the new page (and for that matter a number of other similar pages) open but no radio program is played.

I am using FF and XP. Any ideas how to correct it?:confused:

Many thanks in advance.

Rwy in Sigh

green granite
30th May 2009, 10:51
Try it using IE if it works ok then it's one of the FF settings such as popups blocked, 3rd party cookies etc

Rwy in Sight
30th May 2009, 11:55
Thanks for your assistance and the ideas. It worked well from IE. I downloaded real player from the ff site and it works now.

Rwy in Sight

green granite
30th May 2009, 12:00
Another problem solved, If you don't already have it the "IE tab" add on for FF is very useful as you can switch to the IE engine from FF just by a single mouse click on icon in the status bar and you can, by right clicking, set FF to auto switch to the IE tab for certain sites.

Rwy in Sight
31st May 2009, 04:47
green granite,

Your second post left me puzzled. Is there a tab on the FF to take me to the IE? If yes how do I installed it?

Although for the time being I am happy with the real player your second suggestion is intriguing me!

RiS

green granite
31st May 2009, 07:14
There is an add on for FF that allows you to switch a page to the IE engine without leaving FF, it puts an icon on the botton right of the status bar, and all you need to do if a page doesn't work in FF is left click on the icon and the page will re-open using IE but within the FF skin if you then right click on the icon you can add that page into the add on so that it always opens using the IE tab.

In FF Go to tools - add-ons then click on <get add-ons> and in the search box type, IE Tab , download it and off you go