PDA

View Full Version : EI Promotional Upgrade? - Good Deal?

Tallzone
29th May 2009, 10:00
So I just got this email from Aer Lingus and I must admit I'm tempted (probably because I'm tall) but I'm also relatively cash-strapped these days. I've edited what they're saying but 2 questions:
1) Is E400 per flight therefore E800 for a return trip? Is that good?
2) Do they really mean it re the 48hrs offer deadline etc . . . do you think I could get a better deal on the return leg if I waited to try at JFK?
I'm not flying out until 1/6/09 and returning on red-eye on 9/6/09.
"We are offering a limited number of seats in Premier Class starting at €400 per person per flight.
Boston/New York €400
To take advantage of this unique offer, contact Aer Lingus on the phone number displayed in this email within the next 48 hours. This offer has an advance purchase requirement and cannot be availed of within 28 days of departure."

GroundedSLF
29th May 2009, 12:36
Would need more information - also, the flight must be for at least 28 days in advance, so if you are travelling on Monday 1 June, this offer wont apply.

Unless rules have changed, you will have awkward questions to answer (if not need a VISA) to enter the USA on a one way ticket.

Where are you flying from, when are you travelling (out and back), any flexibility on dates/times of flight?

A good travel agent should be able to find you the best deal.

Tallzone
29th May 2009, 12:55
Sorry - flying out 1/7/09 oops.
Return economy ticket already purchased Dub-JFK.
This email is offering an upgrade to premier on that ticket for E400 each way (i think).

GroundedSLF
29th May 2009, 13:04
I guess it then depends on the cost you paid for the original ticket...

Cheapest I can currently see for a round trip in business class on those days with EI is just over 1500 euros.

Tallzone
29th May 2009, 13:17
OK well then it is slightly cheaper. I paid E533 for the flights.

What I was wondering was whether anyone had any insight as to whether they are likely to make this offer again closer to the date or whether I could do better if I don't commit at all and try to get (buy) an upgrade in JFK on my way home if I couldn't swop to an exit row. That way I could wait and see how much cash I have left :)