PDA

View Full Version : Medic One - Life And Death In London

Slimmy
28th May 2009, 23:19
A heads-up on a one-off documentary that I knew had been filmed but wasn't aware was being broadcast.

BBC One, Monday 1st June, 22:35
Medic One - Life And Death In London
Highly-charged documentary following London's elite trauma team, Medic One.
The team are deployed by helicopter and high-performance cars to major accidents across the capital, and they deal with major traumas at the scene. Every day they are called to deal with car and motorbike accidents, stabbings and shootings.
The doctor and paramedic partnership is a 'mini A&E department', equipped with powerful drugs, monitors and even kits to perform open chest surgery on scene.
For Medic One, getting in there on time really is a matter of life and death.
Filmed last year with London's Air Ambulance. I wonder if the BBC will allow them to say that they are a charity this time?

MightyGem
29th May 2009, 19:29
That's all very well, but, what have they done with the "Air Medics" series????

Bertie Thruster
29th May 2009, 21:12
So that's where my call sign went!

"Medic One" until the callsign rationalisation a couple of years ago! (when we became jolly old "Helimed 29"):(

Flaxton Flyer
1st Jun 2009, 08:24
"Medic One" is pretty cool Bertie. We do have a charity volunteer who pops up from time to time who insists that he is an ex-Forces medic who's call sign was also Medic One. He also has a German Shepherd called Airwolf!

However, as call-signs go I think that CR from PAS is in pole position with "Special One". Unless anyone knows better of course....

727 exec
1st Jun 2009, 08:46
Quite like the motor racing boys with "Formula One" as a callsign!

Slimmy
1st Jun 2009, 22:33
Well that was interesting. Mainly from a medical (my) perspective, rather than an aviation one.

I'm delighted that the producers explained the funding sources and the fact that London's Air Ambulance is a charity.

I thought it accurately portrayed what is a world-class organisation providing a unique service to Londoners.

HOGE
2nd Jun 2009, 05:43
Interview: A Pilot Of The London Air Ambulance - Londonist: London News, Food, Arts & Events (http://londonist.com/2009/06/interview_a_pilot_of_the_london_air.php)

BBC iPlayer - Medic One - Life and Death in London (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00l1w31/Medic_One_Life_and_Death_in_London/)