PDA

View Full Version : Guidance for aspiring Pilots needed

rohan921
28th May 2009, 21:21
Hello everyone,:)

I've just finished my 12th grade here in India with PCM and am looking forward to apply for IGRUA, india. Hopefully I'll get in. Id really like if anyone could guide me a bit about the Medical exams and the job prospects after completing training from IGRUA (eventhough i know the job scenario is really bad in india right now). Ive heard a couple of times that the placement for IGRUA trainees is more than 90% because of some quota in govt. airlines.

Also, is there a 1 year waiting for Class 1?
If yes, I wouldnt want to spend 25 lakhs at a training school and after getting CPL I'd get a result of class I saying i'm unfit...thatd be distastrous!

Please guide :bored: :ugh:

Arcane
29th May 2009, 07:12
A Class 1 medical waiting time should not be more than a couple of weeks. Give CME a call if you're unsure about it.

xpto
29th May 2009, 08:06
Dear Friend,

"I know that what I'm going to say or right to you, will make no difference in you decision..."

But,

Be prepared to be on the SPOT the rest of you professional life. Everything you Do and Say can Be and Will be used against you one day.

Be prepared to loose the right to work and support financially you family every time you go for medical inspection or simulator.

Be prepared to be highly needed one month and on the next disposable.

Be prepared to, after all, still feel that you love to fly every day.

I apologize to all fellows in this forum but that's the way I really feel and my advice to this young pilot.

XPTO

rhinoboy55
31st May 2009, 22:22
Man,
I hope your father has enough money to support you for the rest of your life, because you probably will never be able to do it being a professional pilot. As the fellow said before, believe him. If you stay single and live in a small flat, well maybe you can do it. And how are you going to deal with the ****ty maintenance that seems to be the norm these days in Asia? Ok some real good maint guys out there but generally it's a night mare. You don't fly the plane, then **** off find another job. Microscope up your ass, everyone waiting for you to screw up. And you will, trust us. You decide. How about your tyrant boss who makes you live in a dorm with three other pilots and staff? Awake at 2am for a flight through a wall of thunderstorms? Have you thought about all this? You should. Reconsider is my advice as I told me nephew many years ago, he a is a successful lawyer, (no I don't love lawyers generally either) wakes up when he wants brother, not when some moron tells him to. The only people you will impress in your uniform is a few children when you walk through the terminal. And Oh by the way flight attendants hate pilots! Ok, so if you really love sitting in a noisy cockpit all day watching the world below you, then maybe it's for you. It's really not what most young men think it is.

Left Wing
1st Jun 2009, 03:03
training to be a pilot in this environment will result in NO JOB's for the next 3-4 yrs...as of now there are surplus experienced pilots worldwide... and the airlines are bleeding and fighting to survive..

Major airlines like SQ & CX have delayed their expansion plans... stopped all promotions... to be a fresh CPL..you will not even get a job as a dispatcher in an airline...

joehunt
1st Jun 2009, 03:42
Here is my take on the situation.

At this present economic climate I would say complete the degree. It wont make you a better flyer but it will come in handy one day.

As said there aren't many jobs going at the moment but that will change however.

If there were jobs going i would say skip the degree for the moment and concentrate on the flying. A degree will hold you back a few years. I know one or two people who started flying professionally at 19 years of age. They had no degrees, or school qualifications to speak of. Some none at all!

As mentioned above, we are in a bust at present, however there will be another boom resulting in another shortage of pilots. You will need the licence to get the job.

A gambler would start training now.

iamanaussiemavrick
1st Jun 2009, 13:25
Hi,

IGRUA would still be a good option. IF you can get in there do go for your training.

Get you class 1 medical done first.

chjk8809
13th Aug 2010, 08:44
Can anyone tell me the books to be referred n the following PABt exam n finally the interview.. wat sort of questions ll they ask us... Guys plz throw some light on this issue..

jimmygill
13th Aug 2010, 10:32
I wouldnt want to spend 25 lakhs

25 lakhs will not get you Multi CPL at IGRUA.

One year back the rate was 28.5 lakhs excluding accomodation, and the organisation was cheating government by not paying service tax of 10% and education cess on that tax.

So make it 31 lakhs + accomodation, which mind you is not cheap.