PDA

View Full Version : currently flying a320 in malaysia on my faa license. what about recurrency?

austra1998
28th May 2009, 06:23
hi all

i must admit that when it comes to rules and regulation, i have the IQ of a carrot.

i have been flying in malaysia now for 7 months on a validation of my FAA license.

since my type rating exam that was done in 2007, i have never done a simulator check on a faa approved sim and never the less with a FAA instructor/ examiner.

I have done sim LOFT and C of T in the simulator of the airline ( malaysian dca approved)and the instructor/ examiner was of the airline itself.

now i'm looking for other jobs somewhere else and i was wondering, what is my situation concerning currency on type??

thank you a million for your help and suggestions,

austra

austra1998
29th May 2009, 16:48
no one knows?

B2N2
30th May 2009, 22:56
Let me try and get this clear;

You fly on a validation of a US license
You have done a Malaysian type rating with a Malaysian examiner
That type rating is not on you US license

My best guess is you still need to do the US type rating to have it added to your US certificate.

*** Conclusion: you have time on type but no type rating outside of Malaysia***

Airbus Girl
31st May 2009, 09:28
I would ask one of the Malaysian sim examiner guys. You may be able to get a stand alone Malaysian licence with A320 type rating endorsement, so at least you have one legal licence.
I don't understand how your licence is valid at the moment, because if you are flying on your FAA licence it doesn't have an A320 type rating on it.
So I am guessing you may already have a Malaysian licence.
Then you need to apply to the FAA for the requirements for an FAA A320 rating. Or find out if any of the sim examiners in Malaysia also have FAA examiners ticket. Then you could probably kill that one in your next sim....

Captain Stravaigin
1st Jun 2009, 20:14
Let me know if you ever track down a FAA Examiner/Instructor in MY. I have an FAA PP (for which I need a BFR) + IR and would like to do the Commercial also.

I live in KL and have found that generally FAA licenses don't seem to be too popular. Interestingly enough I think the DCA are moving towards signing up to EASA - mainly just to get their exams up to date.

Cheers

austra1998
2nd Jun 2009, 05:53
thanks for the help appreciated very much but....i think there was a missunderstanding....

i have an a320 type rating in my FAA ATPL. and DCA malaysian validated my Faa license and i'm flying here on this validation.

i have nothing else.

since my type rating exam that was done in USA 2 years ago, i have never done any test with a faa examiner or any sim ride on a sim approved by faa.

now i'm applying for other jobs, outside malaysia, and i was wondering if i'm current or not....

let me know,

thanks

austra