PDA

View Full Version : BHX question

Sam1664
27th May 2009, 19:22
Slighty going off topic, but has anybody heard anymore about KLM/Air France changing handling agents, or are they sticking with Aviance????

groundhogbhx
27th May 2009, 22:30
I understand an announcement was due last week but still no news. Aviance reducing their price or AF/KLM thinking long and hard about a change? Who knows, but I would put money on the outcome being on here as soon as someone who knows the answer can post it. In the mean time we all sit and wait contemplating the consequences of winning/losing the contract.

bruppy
28th May 2009, 01:24
The game reported in other threads has been played and has resulted in a mutual benificial agreement regarding the handling at BHX, therefore they are going no where for another couple of years.

However there will be news of movement between handling agents at BHx over the next week or so.

You heard it here 1st...............................

Sam1664
28th May 2009, 10:54
Any guess as something to do with Brussels Airlines Gruppy?

PRLB
28th May 2009, 14:21
it is anything to do with another handling company coming in?.to take a major contract from the company in T2?.Maybe the airline in concern has a big M on the tail.

bruppy
28th May 2009, 16:41
Spot On Sam, SN Brussels will move across to Aviance on 01st Aug 09, this will bring it into the Star Alliance "Fold" on the desks around the corner, now its only Swiss missing, could that be on the horizon??:ok:

jetsgo
28th May 2009, 20:52
now its only Swiss missing

Forgive me if i'm wrong and someone please correct me if i'm not getting the jist of the post, but aren't US and TK part of the star alliance?

Avman
28th May 2009, 21:09
bruppy, just for the record, it hasnīt been SN Brussels for quite a while now, just Brussels Airlines. ;)

Sam1664
28th May 2009, 23:11
Is that confirmed about Brussels Airlines? Haven't heard any annoucment yet? Although would be a shame for Servisair to lose them!

legalize
29th May 2009, 00:31
I heard Gate have got brussles and hellenic.

Captain Caveman
29th May 2009, 05:47
Gate do not have Hellenic not SN, Gate only have a licence with rumour after rumour about M this and M that moving to them and M giving Swissport notice blah blah blah.

Servisair will handle Hellenic with a new start date to be announced soon.

RollNow!
29th May 2009, 12:49
Its a done deal! Aviance are now handling Brussels starting some point in the next few weeks. When exactly i don 't know but it is confirmed that Brussels will be changing handling agents.

dionysius
29th May 2009, 15:58
Brussels looking to saving money as utilisation low, believe they will be reducing flights in/out Bhx soon.:bored:

groundhogbhx
29th May 2009, 20:47
I will believe it when I see the official notice on the crew room wall, especially after the glowing report following the SN station audit last month. There again the word on the ramp yesterday was AF/KLM no more than days away from giving notice. Lots of smoke and mirrors around this year, possibly more than normal after a slow start. There is plenty that could happen before pen is put to paper and it isn't that unusual nowadays for an airline to confirm they are going to sign only to change their minds on the day.

RollNow!
29th May 2009, 21:58
A notice is up for June 11th for contract start date for Aviance

Sam1664
30th May 2009, 22:36
Servisair are handling Brussels Airlines untill midnight 29th July, confirmed! Then onto Aviance. :ooh:

RollNow!
31st May 2009, 10:33
Yes i stand corrected on that one. End of July for Aviance start date. Apologies for the dogey start date! :}

Sam1664
31st May 2009, 11:31
Still more rumors going around about KL/AF! Wonder whether this one will turn out true? :confused: