PDA

View Full Version : Brookfield Pilots Let Go....

flying_shortly
27th May 2009, 17:59
Hi,

Thought I would start this to get an idea of what is going on at Ryanair. Rumor has it they are letting Brookfield pilots go after 6 months with no further job prospects. I'd like if those affected could post their experiences here to see if this is indeed true. Is it a case of letting the 'bad' pilots go and holding onto the better ones or is it systematic practise to conveyor these pilots through, taking their money and tossing them out afterwards?

Regards!

McBruce
28th May 2009, 01:35
I do think this is a rumour at a time when multiple rumours are coming out the wood works given the current situation in RYR. I know 20+ FO's in and around the 500 mark and not a peep from one of them about this. If something like this did happen, the news would spread like wild fire.

Mikehotel152
28th May 2009, 07:21
If something like this did happen, the news would spread like wild fire

Quite............

inner
28th May 2009, 08:04
yet another rumour.

Grass strip basher
28th May 2009, 08:49
I'm afraid its not a rumour... or I'm afraid it is not true??

flying_shortly
28th May 2009, 09:36
Great to hear! Thanks for that... It was in the Ryanair Sim assesment thread that these rumors were posted.

MVE
28th May 2009, 15:14
NOT rumour but FACT that one of my colleagues has friends who have been put on enforced 6 month leave and told to try and find work elsewhere in the meantime......unbury your heads!:ugh:

skyhighbird
28th May 2009, 15:23
This is terrible! I know this happens with the easyJet scheme but also Ryanair!

So you pay £30K for 6 months flying and then you are chucked out and another batch take your place!

That way, Ryanair hardly pay any FO wages at all.

You have got to give it to M'OL. :D:D:D Great business mind

:(

McBruce
28th May 2009, 15:30
Don't be short sighted. In 3-4 years time there won't be FO's for CU. RYR rely on recruitment from within.

skyhighbird
28th May 2009, 15:34
apologies Mcbruce. I have no idea what that means

TheBeak
28th May 2009, 15:59
It means there wont be FOs for Command Upgrade. So it is true? There is a note about it on PPJN but someone said it was to do with if you leave you can't be re-hired. It is what the industry needs and I hope it does stuff Ryanair in 3-4 years time. If you sign up for this now you should lose your medical on grounds of medical insanity.

no sponsor
28th May 2009, 17:34
There will be plenty of CUs. The present FOs will accept reduced terms to move to the LHS. To them it will mean more money - although expect the actual 'pay-rise' to be only slightly more, but better than being an FO.

The 'be a commercial pilot for 6 months then **** Off' was bound to happen. There are just too many people with money to burn.

McBruce
28th May 2009, 18:07
There is no weight behind this rumour! Until then, its only a rumour so like I said, take it with a very big pinch of salt. Everyone reaching the 500hr mark would have been on the same TR courses and its a very close community so the catchment net for such news is wide and as such, theres nothing been said. The best people to ask are the people in and around these hours. So far none of them know anything.

maxdrypower
28th May 2009, 18:33
I am speaking to my good mate who is an FO in RYr with 489 hours as we speak , he says its total bolloxxx no one has been asked to take time off nor are there any plans to ask anyone to ,
Head back in the sand
:ok:

zerotohero
28th May 2009, 23:31
I am now on 1000hrs and although not flying as much as I would like I am still doing around 60+ hours per month on the 75.5 initial take home pay, 4500euro less the tax.

it aint all that bad!

Mikehotel152
29th May 2009, 21:21
Is it not the case that Ryanair have 2000+ pilots?

If things are that bad, how come we so rarely hear anything negative on Pprune from those pilots?

Almost everything negative about Ryanair on Pprune seems to come from someone who knows a friend whose best mate once bet on a horse that once rode in the Grand National past a fence built by a bloke whose sister once made a blouse for the wife of a chap who once visited Ireland and met a guy at Dublin Airport who met someone at the pub who might have bumped into a guy called Ryan at the urinal who was full of hot air?

Just a thought. :confused: