PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Air Law Exam question

krankin
26th May 2009, 20:00
Morning All,

Had a crack at the ATPL Air law yesterday (and failed) and one question that got me was related to PRD areas.

The question was something like this:

R266 SFC-FL330 W-HN E-HJ MILITARY LIVE FIRING

I think there was also a note referring to notam activation....

Answers available included:

Flight through the area prohibited
may only fly through between sunrise and sunset on weekdays
may only fly through between sunrise and sunset on weekends
may only fly through between sunset and sunrise on weekdays
may only fly through between sunset and sunrise on weekendsNow i know the HN and HJ being night and day but the W and E got me! I am on Jepps and have only recently converted from Airservices Docs. I couldnt find the freaking notam definitions for australia anywhere!!!:{
Anyone have any idea where in the jepps i could find this?

And im aware how dopey it is to fail this exam thankyou!!! :O

Cheers,

K

MakeItHappenCaptain
26th May 2009, 22:33
W is weekdays
E is weekends

Introduction page 41 contains the abbreviations used in airway manual, but this info is not there.

Possibly a pitfall of using Jepps against Airservices docs??

tmpffisch
26th May 2009, 22:38
http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/pending/ersa/GUID_ersa-fac-1-5_4-Jun-2009.pdf page 8 of ERSA Intro

el_capitano
27th May 2009, 01:23
Krankin,

Dont beat urself up about failing an exam.

I am a Jepp user and found that when I did my Air Law exam I switched back to Airservices documents, I found them much easier to find references than in the Jepps for the exam.

Good luck with the Exams, they are a real pain in the neck, but once its over and done with its over and done with.....:ok:

krankin
27th May 2009, 09:16
Thanks guys, thought i was missing the jepp reference but its just not there!!

A pitfall of using Jepps? For sure. Did it cost me the exam? No, not reading the entirety of the question and the text it was referring to did.

These exams are bloody pedantic!!! :*

RTFQ guys!!... (Read the fu&^ing question!!!!)

zoolander777
30th May 2009, 01:32
I completely agree with you....the CASA exams are just ridiculous!!!!!! They just want you to fail so that they can rob you of another $160.

I wasted money buying JEPP's just to realize it was too complicated finding the answers, and switched to Airservice docs.

The AFT prep material is excellent and the question you got wrong is in the AIR LAW prep offered by AFT.

Good LUck!!

kazaf911
28th Jun 2009, 16:23
I am doing my ATPL air law exam tmr, just wondering how many questions are there in the actual CASA exam? I have got the AFT book, it says 35, but in their cyber exams, there are only 30 questions

thx!

Jimboboy
6th Apr 2014, 01:03
krankin,
can u plz tell me whats teh correct answer for that question

thanks