PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Flight training

scott5988
26th May 2009, 10:51
Hey Guy,

Any thoughts or comments on the JAA ground school at OFT??
Thinking of doing it early 2010.

Kind regards

Scott :ok:

TheOne83
13th Jun 2009, 22:35
The program runs 6 months of studying and for what i have seen mostly everyone has good succes on the exams. You have to have a PPL to be able to attend the course.

Best of luck! :ok:

scott5988
15th Jun 2009, 15:46
Hi,

Thanks for reply. I hold a ppl with 100hrs at the moment so . . . . save save save is the next step i think!!!

Cheers

Scott

Kyriakos
17th Jun 2009, 19:47
I ve just completed my atpls at OFT and everything went very well.
All you need to do is pay attention in class and try to get as much as u can and then go home hit the banks. Its a very demanding 6-month period since they have to cover so much information but its do-able if u put the effort!

Good luck!

pien86
6th Dec 2009, 10:27
I went to OFT a few months ago. The only thing i can say: PLEASE STAY AWAY!
The maintance is very bad, the people and the whole environment is everything besides nicely and friendly. The instructors they have a just there to make hours. Going to OFT is a worse decision!!!!

toff
7th Dec 2009, 01:16
I completed my ATPLs at Orlando Flight Training and have no complaints whatsoever. The class sizes were good, the instructors were all very knowledgeable and experienced in the industry and the course cost was reasonable. Classes run from 8.30am to 5.00pm five days per week and there are regular class quizzes and fortnightly progress tests to complete before being allowed to sit the real exams. I understand that the next module (beginning 14th December) will run Monday to Saturday so that students can enjoy time off over the Christmas period.

I admit that for flight training, much better schools can be found elsewhere, for all sorts of reasons. Since this thread refers only to the ATPL, I'll save my thoughts for another time! :)

lebowsky
1st Sep 2010, 13:51
Orlando FUN training...

don't go there guys...

gravity9
23rd Oct 2010, 04:22
for those who dont recommend OFT can u give some reason ? I'd really like to know

French Fox
15th Nov 2010, 01:25
I did my ATPL ground school there in 2009. If I had to do it again I would go to the same place. The ground instructors are ok and always available to help you even outside the classroom.
However, I've heard some bad comments from colleagues doing the CPL there concerning A/C's and instructors availabality. Also maintenance could be better ;)

av8r757
7th Dec 2010, 21:00
ORLANDO SHYTE TRAINING...

i went there, was grand...put the work in and you'll be fine, did FAA PPL/IR/CPL there, doing my atpl and conversions in NFC iReland.

Also id watch out, i know some people wer given a bad recommendation to the airliines by them 4 talking **** about them on here...