PDA

View Full Version : AJV/AJX take care

gaijin
26th May 2009, 03:31
For all those of you considering the contract with IAC, Crew and Parc out in Japan flying the 767 it might be worth taking a moment to consider your options. The JCAB has just adjusted the requirements to qualify for your Japanese ATPL. Out of the 17 people who took the recent JCAB Air Law test (12 from AJV/AJX and the remainder from IBEX), almost nobody got better than 70%, which is the minimum required to pass, and 6 folks failed the exam.

Nobody has commented on what will happen to those who failed and nobody has made any comment on how grossly illprepared the lambs were who were led to the slaughter!! Suffice to say, if you are on a seniority list and not in imminent fear of being furloughed, it might be worth staying where you know the system. Bear in mind that failing the test here puts you at risk of being sent home after just one week in country! The ANA instructor responsible for teaching new pilots the material required to pass this test spent a whole day trying to find the correct answers to its 20 questions!

Zurg
26th May 2009, 06:45
Nothing new in this, every so often JCAB change the papers and huge amounts of people fail that particular sitting.
Training in Japan is a risky business until you've passed that JCAB check ride.
Then you've only got the astronaut medical every 6 months to worry about!

jrwhitehat
27th May 2009, 02:20
Zurg is correct. It is not unusual for this to happen when JCAB changes exam (without notice) but be patient.......Accomodations are usually made for rechecks. :ok:

meguro
27th May 2009, 07:29
I have never heard of someone being cut for failing Air Law, it simply hasn't happened. Try not to be such panic boys, as stated previously, it's all been done before

expatpilot4life
27th May 2009, 13:16
I sure hope they allow rechecks!!!

widebody300er
27th May 2009, 13:30
Hello,

Does anybody have any info on how long it takes parc to get back after sending all the info? I have about 5000hrs and 1500 on the 767.. maybe this isn't enough time?Just wondering since it's been over 2 weeks..since Ive submitted paper work. Any info would be great..

Thank you

expatpilot4life
28th May 2009, 13:48
Not sure, we all passed the radio law today, so wish the airlaw was so easy and straightforward!!!

Hobbit
30th May 2009, 12:45
Seems most everybody passed so panic over!

expatpilot4life
30th May 2009, 18:11
How do u figure that? The results dont come out for atleast 3 to 4 weeks, and the point is what happens to us that didnt pass.....

LarryDCableGuy
30th May 2009, 20:14
The funny instructor that is giving the test will give you a pretty good indication how you did after the test. The 3 to 4 week wait is for the radio license, you get the result immediately and they allow re-check on radio test.

Kickingpost
30th May 2009, 23:52
People have failed the airlaw test and been sent packing. Maybe now is a good time to let everyone know that the fail rate at this company is very high.

DONT LEAVE A SECURE JOB TO COME HERE!

atldrvr
31st May 2009, 00:29
Which company are you referring to about the failure rate? If you are talking about AJV/AJX I do not believe they have a high failure rate.

Kickingpost, who do you work for?

expatpilot4life
31st May 2009, 05:59
Kickingpost, which company are u referring too? I couldn't see any logic in sending people home who have only failed the airlaw once. Makes no sense whatsover. But then again who knows, maybe u could be a bit more specific on what happened....

expatpilot4life
31st May 2009, 06:17
We got the result right then and there for the radio test, its the airlaw that takes 3 to 4 weeks to get the result

crj705
31st May 2009, 10:52
There was a period of 2 or 3 classes where the failure rate was higher than normal but it has since stabilized. Don't stress your self out worrying about it previous classes. If you do things the way you are told, and have a good attitude, then you should be fine. But make no mistake, this is not the US and if you don't play by their rules, they will send you home.

It would not surprise me if after some negotiation, the results of the air law will be 100% pass.

expatpilot4life
31st May 2009, 11:58
Thanks CRJ. I am trying not to stress, its just in 15 years i have never falied any training, and feel like it was kinda crappy that the test was alot different than what we expected. And i am assuming the official results take 4 weeks maybe because someone adds a few points to those of us that didnt make it by one question? Thats just a guess. Had this been India, it simply would have been 1000 dollars to the DGCA and you pass. I know that because it happened with me!! lol. Sometimes things in India are not so bad......

Absolutely
4th Jun 2009, 03:10
Kickingpost,

I've been in AJX/AJV for over 7 years and have never heard of anyone being shown the door after failing the airlaw exam. Yes, sometimes guys fail but they are always given a retest and, at least here, none that I know of have failed it again.

expatpilot4life
9th Jun 2009, 09:13
Well, just got the news i failed the airlaw. Me and 1 other guy in our class. So now its up to J-AIR to make a decision to let us resit it. From my understanding we only need to official results to take the xride. And we still have classes to take before hand. I guess we shall see what happens.

Hobbit
12th Jun 2009, 05:44
Our class failed to attend the first exam we were scheduled for and the Company just organised a resit two months later. They are very reasonable so I find it hard to believe that anything underhand will happen to you. Keep the faith and good luck.