PDA

View Full Version : Heli towcart

Ready2Fly
25th May 2009, 13:45
I am looking for infos on helicopter towcarts. Special situation is that we'd need one that grabs the skids from the outside rather than sitting below the helicopter due to antennas and a wescam sitting 'in the way' (i.e. no way of driving it under the helicopter from the front and neither from the back due to antennas).

It should fit to BO105 and B206B3 with low skids but -as it should grab the skids from the outer side- it should not make any difference.

I know a very good company from Canada but they do not offer these kind of carts.

Btw.: As we would still use wheels there was no need to lift the whole helicopter. If it does though, then fine.

Rgds,
Ready2Fly

QTG
25th May 2009, 13:53
Try tlchelilift.com in use by Police and HEMS units throughout the UK

206 jock
25th May 2009, 14:32
If you still need to use the wheels, then why not use a front lifting towbar? This then allows the aircraft to be towed using a lawn tractor, quad or similar. Much cheaper than a TLC!

HT-500 SPEC. SHT..HTM (http://www.brackettaircraft.com/ht-500spec.sht.htm)

Brackett aircraft make the one above, I know where there is a second hand one for sale in Europe (was used on a Bell 206, but now surplus to requirements), PM me if you'd like to know more. Not sure if it would be big enough for a BO105

Ready2Fly
25th May 2009, 15:14
Thanks for your replies. TLC looks promising (but that is before i know the price... ;) ).

@206 jock
Well, that is almost exactly what we use right now... :ok:
Only "problem" is, we use it with a car and the car is not always there....maybe buying a lawn tractor is cheaper though....because the handling with a car/tractor is quite easy....just pushing a B206 across the apron on your own is not fun.....esp. not in the summer. I'll send you a PM anyway.

Brilliant Stuff
25th May 2009, 16:43
The Belgian Police use the TLC as well if you want to see one int he flesh int he neighbourhood.

quichemech
25th May 2009, 20:44
TLC Helilift, fantastic bit of kit, might know of a second hand one available if you're interested, just wish I had the cash to buy one myself!