PDA

View Full Version : Is it the right time???

Francois Guerandel
25th May 2009, 12:43
Hello everyboby,
may someone help me?
Just wanted to know if im not completely folish to start studies next year to obtain CPL with Multi engine?
Already 29 and financial crisis present worlwide...but Im like you guys pasionate by aircafts and eager to start flying...but...

batman123
25th May 2009, 12:53
considering it takes only 2 years to become a commercial pilot, I would wait for a better time.

no need to hurry, view the thousand of pilots on this market.

Francois Guerandel
27th May 2009, 08:32
Thank you very much for your frank reply,
actually i am looking for two alternatives South africa or New zealand???
Which choice would have been better in your opinion?
How much time for this crisis?
Gives me much time for FSX then!!!!:bored:

redsnail
27th May 2009, 09:01
Hi Francois,

Where you train is usually determined by a couple of things. The main one is will the license obtained let me work there. Also, if I don't want to work "there", where will that license and my passport let me work?

Then there are the usual items such as cost and time.

When is the best time to train? Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as saying, "June 1st 2010". The world economy is a bit of a dodgy one at the moment but as with any cycles, it will rise again.

Going back to the first question, where do you want to work will largely govern when you start to train. Does the country where you want to work historically take low hour pilots? How does that country usually react to world events?

Also, do you have the funds to do it all full time? Can you afford to take 2 years "off" and then fly on low wages etc.

These are all variables that only you know the answer to.

Therefore:

Passport and immigration issues.
Language(s)
Where do you want to work.
Realistic first job aspirations.

Good luck

Francois Guerandel
28th May 2009, 08:07
Hi,

Thank you very much for your positive rely...this so pasionnating universe lacks some positive thoughs...to we wanabees it is much scaring but better say the truth...
My question is where can i get this info about jobs for low hour pilots?
If we refer to schools they wont tell you climate is harsh...
Then to whom can we rely????

Any body out there in the cold New Zealand who could help me?

markieboy1234
29th May 2009, 11:32
I would say that now would be a good time to start. You have 2 years worth of training ahead of you, who is to say that the economy will not have picked up by then and airlines will be in the market again? Also, the airline market is never going to go away, even if there is limited employment, you are going to find a job, even if it is not your first choice, you will get to where you want to be eventually, just not as quick as you may have done in the past.