PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Aviation vs Aeros Flight Training

pez1
25th May 2009, 11:53
Hello,

I was looking for any information from people who have recently carried out CPL/ME/IR training with either of the above schools.
I am at the point in my training where I am considering schools for my commercial training and have short-listed both Bristol and Aeros due to their reputations as well as geographical location.
I have done a fair amount of research and also visited both schools, albeit before they changed hands/were re-branded about a year ago. I was impressed by both facilities and their staff, and understand that both are highly regarded with good reputations in commercial training.
I have carried out a search on this topic and found some useful information in comparing the two schools. However, the threads tend to be over two years old and I was interested to hear from current or recent students who have carried out their training since BFC became Bristol Aviation and Aeros was taken over by its new owner, as to how the quality and standard of facilities and training is now since the changes.
One difference I do now see is that Bristol seems to be quite a bit more expensive than Aeros. Apart from this, I'm finding it hard to choose!
Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

batman123
25th May 2009, 20:53
go where it 's cheaper, at the end, the license is just a piece of paper...and with 200h, you go nowhere these days.
need type rating. Save your cash.

Mercenary Pilot
25th May 2009, 21:04
go where it 's cheaper, at the end, the license is just a piece of paper...

Quality pilot in the making, I think not. :rolleyes:

Both schools have excellent reputations but its been quite some time since I was involved directly with the flight training industry. Both schools were always known for having waiting lists so maybe the only thing that will make the decision will be who can fit you in when it suits you.

I believe Bristol aviation has only changed its name and is still owned by MB, although I could be wrong, as I said I'm out of touch. :p

Eurotraveller
26th May 2009, 07:21
I almost went to Aeros for the CPL/IR, but they wanted the full amount for the IR up front and in advance. I stress this was over a year ago so do check whether that is still the case, but I wasn't prepared to pay in that fashion so went elsewhere. In the event I went to Bristol Aviation and never looked back, it's an excellent school with good instructors and a very professional setup, I can't recommend it highly enough.

eyealess
26th May 2009, 23:49
Pez

Number one rule with flight training. Never choose a school because its a handy location. Your spending alot of money. choose your school based on reputation as you are doing. As well as the two schools you have mentioned, i think you should also consider Airways Flight Training in Exeter. This place is phenominal. The problem is getting a place. That maybe a good indication of how good a school it is. Im not going to chirp on as to why they are this that and everything else, just visit the school, even do a search here on prune and make your choice from that. The 2 schools you have mentioned i have also heard good things about, so good luck with your search.

pez1
29th May 2009, 13:23
Thanks for all the advice.

I certainly plan to re-visit the schools in the next month or two, and I shall ask questions regarding payment methods and waiting lists.

It's also good to hear that the schools both still appear to be held in high regard.

Eyealess, I will also look into Airways Flight Training as another option.

Thanks again to all for your help.

Pez.