PDA

View Full Version : Skills Test Pass

1800ed
20th May 2009, 18:35
Passed my skills test today :}

Thought I'd have a little brag about it on here! I flew from Wellesbourne to Shobdon. From Shobdon I routed towards Ross-On-Wye, but at Hereford I was asked to make a diversion to Long Marston. I made a bit of a hash of trying to use the DTY VOR, I set the 270 from radial when I meant to set the 90 to, but I couldn't hear the morse when I turned up the volume so after a minute or so I decided to give up on that (the examiner picked up on that mistake in the briefing afterwards, so hopefully I wont do that again!). Once we got to Long Marston I demonstrated three types of stall, then we did some steep turns and a spiral descent recovery. Then, supprise supprise my engine failed! I pretended to land in a farmers field, then on climb out then engine failed again, so I pretended to land in another field - unlucky or what... We returned to the circuit and flew one normal, one flapless, one glide then landed on the final which was a low level.

Was really nice to hear my examiner say to me I had passed. I have completed everything now, so after I have ensured my log book is accurate to my records I'll send off my application :cool:

WALSue
20th May 2009, 20:24
Congrats - hey, if you can't come on here and brag what can you do!

I just hope my nerves hold up to when it comes my turn to do my exam....time to get on with those PFLs me thinks

PompeyPaul
20th May 2009, 20:33
Well done! One thing that suprises me about flying is how often I've now done the GST flight. Not necessarily to pass again but on check outs, whilst abroad, during revalidation. I think I've flown the GST (minus the nav part) 7 or 8 times now in 2 years. Still, it's good practice.

Lew747
21st May 2009, 19:20
Nice one mate! :ok: Hopefully encounter mine in approx 2 months time :{ Not looking forward to it I must say! All this en-route navigation, emergency's, PFL's etc etc :(

WALSue
21st May 2009, 19:35
You and me both Lew! Sure all this stress and worry will be worth it in the end :ok:

-GQ-
21st May 2009, 20:25
and me...

booked for 31 May...:bored:

almost forgot! Congrats 1800!!! :ok:

1800ed
22nd May 2009, 10:52
Thanks everyone! Can't wait for my licence to come through now...

Good luck to all those taking theirs in the near future too. You don't need to worry about it at all, if your instructor thinks you're ready, then you probably are. Plus, it's an absolute piece of cake if you're planned and relaxed.

FlapsFive
22nd May 2009, 16:57
Congratulations!!

I got my licence through the post day before yesterday... it's a beautiful colour!! :}

I remember my skills test after the Nav (which couldn't have gone better), I proceeded to do 3 steep turns (yes three, it really went that badly), then 2 PFL's (again, badly), some stalls (you get the picture), then thankfully the circuits and landings went alright, and the examiner even did the after landing checks and taxiied it back for me!

Basically, the gist of it is... HOW THE F**K DID I PASS?? :E

Anyway, have fun!

FF