PDA

View Full Version : Ground Staff Training

Honez
19th May 2009, 15:11
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a bit of information on the necessary training required to work within the ground operations field.

How does one go about getting the necessary training? Who does it? where, how much does it cost etc?

If anyone could help me out with some info or point me in the right direction with some websites that would be really helpful.

sealink
25th May 2009, 17:07
ground staff training is generally a 2 week course prior to taking up a customer service roll with an airline. not sure about a handling agent. the course will be paid for by the airline with accommodation provided. you will learn all about dangerous goods, health and safety, fire training, emergency procedures, airline and airport codes, passports and visas, use of check in and self check in equipment and such. the list goes on. the courses are fun especially making your first boarding announcement !!

teachair
28th May 2009, 20:00
Hi
City & Guilds do a couple of qualifications for Aviation environment and ops. The courses are generally sept-easter and there are a few round the country- Warwickshire, Trafford, Newcastle, St Helens. If you don't want to go to college try the City & Guilds website..qualification number 4941. Negotiate the site and it gives you a unit spec that has been designed in conjunction with Servisair, RAF and colleges.

hope this helps