PDA

View Full Version : Rand Airshow

Scruffy
18th May 2009, 13:51
What did the rest of you think?

We waited over an hour in traffic because there were four lanes feeding into one tiny gate with one old tannie selling parking tickets from a bum bag, scrabbling about 2 minutes to get change for each car.

Another gate a bit further down the fence leading to the same field was closed. No traffic cops helping issues - very frustrating.

Distinct lack of quality stalls - most selling food, the others selling plastic k:mad:k.

Queued for parking, queued for toilets, queued for food, and all in all a very disappointing display, with one notable exception...

The fluff from SAA was superbly flown, right on the crowdline - whoever was flying it, thanks, great job - you made the day:ok:

rudder hard over
19th May 2009, 06:38
Was dissapointed I had do a 3 legger on the day of the Airshow. Those I spoke to said I didn't miss anything except the B732 which was great. I suppose it's the sign of the times with stretched budgets etc.

Turbine9
19th May 2009, 06:41
Hey

For Sure the b732 display was the Airshow itself...

I personally didnt like the rest, i also thought there be more aviation related stalls,there wasnt much thou

:ok:

Hot Shots
19th May 2009, 10:59
Mus agree, the B732 display was awesome.

The most dissapointing thing were those bloody microlights. They must ban those s:mad:t from the airshows!

BarnacleBill
6th Jun 2009, 06:45
We were in Rand to bring a plane back to Uganda and had sneaked down South a day early for the show. The guy in the Zlin 50 was great.

Freezing cold though - we're used to warmer weather.

Solid Rust Twotter
6th Jun 2009, 08:15
The most dissapointing thing were those bloody microlights. They must ban those st from the airshows!

So come up with a better sequence and take their slot at the next event. An uber-pilot like you should have no problems doing that.