PDA

View Full Version : Kneeboard information advice needed

P6 Driver
17th May 2009, 09:20
Working with a museum, I am kitting out a figure to represent an RAF Jaguar fast jet pilot figure.

Does anyone have advice as to the type of information I could feature in the G-suit trousers knee pockets, to make the display a bit more authentic and informative?

It's quite some time since I have been in a fast jet environment and apart from weather and diversion airfield information, I'm stuck for ideas and open to sensible suggestions as to what I could create and use.

Regards,

P6D

Merged
17th May 2009, 10:59
What about a gizza detailing minimum rates of climb required to clear various obstacles off the end of the runway?

Banter aside, what about a Coltishall R/T Stud Card and a mission Domestics Card. That's what would be in my knee pockets.

diginagain
17th May 2009, 11:09
........I am kitting out a figure to represent an RAF Jaguar fast jet pilot figure.
An oxymoron, surely?

P6 Driver
17th May 2009, 12:42
Meeooow!

I have been assured they could be quite fast if going downhill.

P6D

SirToppamHat
17th May 2009, 12:43
From personal experience, out-of-date modes and codes!

STH

diginagain
17th May 2009, 12:51
Will you pose him looking nervously over his shoulder?:)

P6 Driver
18th May 2009, 18:06
Thanks for the replies - some very useful stuff from the PM's.

P6D

Torque Tonight
18th May 2009, 20:37
Perhaps 'L' on one and 'R' on the other.

P-T
18th May 2009, 21:29
Not an Ex Jag Pilot, but in my knee board we used have ready made plates which had departure and arrival A/F with Divs, and the info would include Atis, twr/ground freqs, min fuel figs, t/o fuel, T/O time and Target Times (eg. Target X, Y and Z).

Not sure if I still have any of thesem but I have quite a few guys in GR4's and GR9's and I could ask them.

PM me if you are interested and I may be able to get hold of one from them.

Airborne Aircrew
19th May 2009, 11:41
If you scribble anything on them to "add to the authenticity" then please make sure, as with any inserts you may place underneath, that they are upside down when the "pilot" is standing. If not then the "authenticity" becomes a joke...

Think about it before you dismiss it. ;)

P-T
19th May 2009, 12:21
AA :ok:

Forgot about that!

I actually did that on my first ever flight in the RAF, so excited the night before with the flying suit hung up ready to go and when I sat down for breakfast in the mess I got the Sh!t well and truly ripped out of me. Brilliant start!:ugh:

Flap62
19th May 2009, 13:04
As it's a Jag I would have thought a piccie of, oh I don't know, something like Take That in their pants.