PDA

View Full Version : HP Photosmart C4580 printer problem

Oceanman
16th May 2009, 19:19
When I print one copy of a document using my HP Photosmart C4580 printer it prints six copies even though I have set it for one copy and applied it. I have set up the printer four times, twice using the CD and twice downloading the set up software from the HP website but the number of copies problem remains. Any help would be appreciated.

Saab Dastard
16th May 2009, 21:14
Have you looked for it in Windows Control Panel / Printers / Properties?

Probably in the Printer > Properties > Advanced section - Copy Count.

At least that's where it is on the setup for my HP Laserjet 4050.

SD

ps - HP software is cr@p in my opinion. Printers are fine, just the SW I can't stand. I just install the drivers from HP and leave the rest.

green granite
16th May 2009, 21:25
There is not any HP software for my HP5550 desk jet for either vista or windows 7, just the driver but it works just as well as it did with XP.

Sh3113y
17th May 2009, 07:22
Does it print 6 copies no matter what the application? As in it's the same printing an email or a web page. Does it print 6 copies of it's own test page from the printer, therefore excluding the pc. Thought maybe narrowing down the area might help.

Oceanman
17th May 2009, 17:03
Hi
the only test page using the printer is network settings and it prints one copy. When I use any application on the laptop it prints numerous copies. Opening the all active printers folder shows the print request remaining. It is as though the print request is stuck in the active printer folder and is not being deleted on completion of the printing job. Could there be a problem with my Windows Vista software as the printer itself seems to be working apart from printing extra copies.
thanks
Brian

Saab Dastard
17th May 2009, 17:29
Could there be a problem with my Windows Vista software

Yes, lots, that's why MS are bringing out Windows 7!! No, stop it, I promised not to! Bad SD, bad!

It is possible - have you searched the MS and HP websites for this multiple copy print error?

SD