PDA

View Full Version : Me, cpl start/finish without valid SEP rating

moevydotnet
16th May 2009, 15:42
Hello @ all,
Do I need a valid SEP to start the multi engine course?

My ME course should start next week. But the SEP is expiered because the german caa dont accept a trainingsflight with an english flight instructor. (i have a german ppl(a).

Second question: i started the CPL course, but my SEP rating expiered 5 days after I began the CPL course, because of the same reason.
Can I finish the CPL?

The licence is valid till 2012, its only the SEP which is expiered.

Cheers Michael

mcgoo
16th May 2009, 15:50
You will be ok as you will be flying dual, use the CPL skill test to renew your SEP rating.

Whirlygig
16th May 2009, 16:01
Better to use the 170A to renew your rating.

Cheers

Whirls

moevydotnet
16th May 2009, 16:25
many thanks...

Hopefully the german caa accept that... You can be happy to have a uk caa....

Cheers Michael

Keygrip
16th May 2009, 16:57
moevy - is your PPL a German national one, or an LBA issued JAA one?

The LBA are more than happy to accept a flight test conducted by a "foreign" JAA examiner - so I don't understand why they would not accept the training flight.

moevydotnet
16th May 2009, 17:13
Its a PPL(a) Jar-Fcl....

In germany the LBA dont administer PPL licences.
The goverment chairmenship of the countil where you live is administrating all PPL(a) licences....
The LBA only administer IR(a), CPL and type ratings.

On monday next week I will go to the chairmenship of my countil again. Maybe they accept it after talking several times...

If not i hope i can renew it with my cpl test. It it dont work, i have to do a ppl test with an german instructor.....

I know why i make my cpl in the uk...

Jumbo Driver
16th May 2009, 17:42
Hello @ all,
Do I need a valid SEP to start the multi engine course?

No you don't, because you will be under instruction.

Rather interestingly, it is quite possible to hold a JAR-PPL with just an MEP rating on it, never having had the SEP rating.

JD
:)

Nashers
16th May 2009, 18:15
if you are doing your training here are you getting the licence issued by the UK CAA as well?

if so, just forget about your PPL as you will get a blue book in the post anyway. im just not sure if you can use your german RT licence with your UK CPL thats all.

moevydotnet
16th May 2009, 18:26
I get the uk cpl from the uk caa...

And i will convert my german ppl to a uk ppl too..... I dont like the german caa ..... See all the problems with the se ratint etc.

LH2
16th May 2009, 22:04
Rather interestingly, it is quite possible to hold a JAR-PPL with just an MEP rating on it, never having had the SEP rating.

How would that work? I ask because of the requirement for 70hr TT (or was it PIC?) before you do your MEP.

On the other hand I do know a CPL who has never had an SEP rating, but he never held a PPL, coming from a Flight Engineer background (and Navy rotary before that)

Whirlygig
16th May 2009, 22:08
70 hours PIC for multi-engine; it could be a very protracted PPL?

Cheers

Whirls

Keygrip
16th May 2009, 22:28
...but perfectly possible.

When I did my own MEP, the instructor wanted to sign me off solo in it, so that I could position the aircraft.

Jumbo Driver
17th May 2009, 09:56
How would that work? I ask because of the requirement for 70hr TT (or was it PIC?) before you do your MEP.

One example would be an ex-mil QSP, oodles of hours, never having held a civilian licence, launched straight into an MEP/PPL ...

JD
:)

LH2
17th May 2009, 20:43
One example would be an ex-mil QSP

Which sort of is the case with the CPL holder I mentioned above. Good point.

moevydotnet
21st May 2009, 08:47
Thx @ all,
I got my sep renewed.....

Filled out 5 forms, made a copy of the instructors licence with a telephone approvel and then I got a new ppl licence with a new sep...

Michael