PDA

View Full Version : RAF gizzits

c-bert
15th May 2009, 13:12
Can someone please explain to me why the RAF is producing supermarket trolley tokens?

Is that the target recruiting audience now? People who don't have a pound coin to spare when they go shopping?

Northern Circuit
15th May 2009, 13:16
They are a handy thing to have attached to your keyring - i'd have one.

N/S

Wader2
15th May 2009, 13:23
Other gizits in the last few years have been umbrellas, both golf and folding, an RAF Baseball Cap, biro pens and parker pens, keyrings, carabina keyrings, plastic carrier bags, fabric carrier bags, mouse mats and I am sure other goodies.

Even tough I dish them out when I can I have yet to see a cap or umbrella or carrier bag in the wild. How much does it cost? What benefit does it bestow?

Future Pilot stickers and the cardboard airshow cap on the other hand must be very cheap and I have seen many in the street.

The Helpful Stacker
15th May 2009, 14:12
Invariably the 'better' gizzits (Parker pens etc) just get pocketed by RAF Career types so they're pretty pointless as marketing tools.

Pie Man
15th May 2009, 14:22
Can someone please explain to me why the RAF is producing supermarket trolley tokens?

So that's what they did with all the engineers - created a supermarket trolley token production line!

PM

Clockwork Mouse
15th May 2009, 15:16
They do a very nice bottle opener too, though of course, as an ex-roughy toughy pongo, I use me teeth. When I can find them.

Laarbruch72
15th May 2009, 15:53
The RAF roundel trolley token that I have was actually produced by the RAF Benevolent Fund a few years back for charity. Is it one of those that you've seen, or have you seen one being sold by some other RAF source? If it's on eBay it'll be the RAFBF one I'll wager.

Wee Jock McPlop
15th May 2009, 16:03
Our local pet superstore holds a stock of 'RAF' dog leads/collars, but I'm not sure that's connected with any fund raising by the Benevolent Fund.

RAF and dog leads/collars..... no I'm not going to go there.:E

FlightTester
15th May 2009, 16:13
Get Down Lass!!
Our local pet superstore holds a stock of 'RAF' dog leads/collars, but I'm not sure that's connected with any fund raising by the Benevolent Fund.

RAF and dog leads/collars..... no I'm not going to go there.http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gif

Sorry for the thread creep, but as an ex-DF - what's the address of that pet store! ;)

Phil_R
15th May 2009, 16:15
I was once given a clock by a friendly CRO at Marham. Which was odd, because I'd been on time.

scarecrow450
15th May 2009, 17:43
My RAF/MOD trolley token is the best freebie I've ever got, even better than black socks, loads of blue shirts and the odd chinograph or three in my 12 years ! :ok:

Dan Gerous
15th May 2009, 20:06
I've got one of those Baseball caps, and use it frequently when out and about. Best freebie/gizit I got, was getting to keep my LJ's when I was demobbed. Kept me warm in the Falklands, and still going strong.

stickmonkeytamer
15th May 2009, 22:01
Has anyone else got the aluminium RAF etched 4GB USB memory stick?? It came with some RAF airpower PDF on it, but that was easily erasable... Oh, and it also came in a very smart little padded aluminium case as well... Senior officers and VIP visitors only probably, and me... :ok:

SMT

taxydual
15th May 2009, 22:23
Mr S

Surely you must realise everyone of those Aluminium Gizzits are now lost beneath taxi seats/railway seats/bus seats. Each full of highly classified material pertaining to the manpower remaining of the RAF.

4GB's as well. Bit of a waste when you think about it. The whole of the RAF Manpower details could now fit on a floppy!