PDA

View Full Version : R44 Photography Door

Hopadopter
14th May 2009, 21:10
Hi All, Just Wondering if anyone has ever come across a R44 front left door with a small sliding section built into the perspex, to enable an aerial shot to be taken safely without the need for the standard door to be removed. Something like the sliding section on the good old B47 is what I have in mind. Cheers in advance for any advice.:)

TiPwEiGhT
14th May 2009, 21:22
Tooltech make doors like what you mentioned for the R22, not sure if they make them for the R44. Don't know a website for them but am sure a google will fix that.

TiP

Hopadopter
14th May 2009, 21:31
Cheers Tip, I'l try that :ok:

helofixer
14th May 2009, 22:56
Techtool plastics
Welcome to Tech-Tool Plastics (http://www.tech-tool.com/robinson.html)

Nothing for the 44 like the previous poster said, but that is their website.

Kirt Hood
15th May 2009, 00:05
When I was at HAI in the spring they had a full set of tech tool doors for the R 44 identicle to the R 22. Maybe they haven't been STC'd them yet. I would phone them direct.

JimBall
15th May 2009, 04:45
I contacted Tech Tools after HAI. The prices are eye-watering (thousands of dollars per door) and there is as yet no STC. They send you a standard letter to complete with a request for manufacture - which I guess is part of the STC process.

Viktord
15th May 2009, 08:40
Hi
We'd made one in Lithuania, rigth-back one. I wouldn't recommend to have any of the left open door during the flight because of the risk of loose items striking the tail rotor.
Also, I'm looking to purchase R44 in a quick time now, any of you might recommend something?

Thanks
Viktor

funfinn2000
15th May 2009, 14:49
Hello Viktor, I have a raven II ya can buy,

henrymonster
15th May 2009, 15:51
I have a raven II as well

Hopadopter
15th May 2009, 18:34
Tried TechTool and they only have approval for an R22 door at the minute but there working on a R44 version. The current door is a staggering $2,595. Think I might just try for a second hand one and cut a hole in it!!
Not a bad suggestion Vicktor to place the camera man in the back right, at least that way he's on the same side as the driver. All I need now is some Florida style weather. Keep thesuggestions coming.