PDA

View Full Version : CAE RGNFI Gondia

vivekh
14th May 2009, 14:40
does anyone in the forum have any info about CAEs latest venture in India - RGNFI or Rajiv Gandhi National Flying Institute in Gondia near nagpur, in maharashtra?

its started by CAE with about 51% owned by AAI...

they have a 12 month course which costs a whopping 28L :eek: or so... first batch is still going on and is about to graduate in december. school looks good overall, international standards and everything, i think they also have foreign faculty :confused:...

heard that recently even igrua students were sent to gondia to clock more hours since the weather around igrua was too unfit for flying...

anyone with any kind of info that you wouldnt find on something like google, please share - highly appreciated! :ok:

Challenger05
15th May 2009, 06:51
They took delivery of 2 Diamond DA40 CS versions with G1000 this year. The multiengine training is supposed to be on a Diamond DA42 but due to the engine issues with the aircraft they have not been inducted yet. Orders for 20 DA40 are in place along with sims.
Long back adverts had come out for instructors with 2000 hours who after a 3 year bond period would be type rated on A320 or B737 by CAE apart from a pretty generous salary.
If I am not mistaken there are already 6 students who had started ground school a couple of months back.
And the shocker is not the 28lakh price tag its the fact that this cost is only for the training and doesnt include accomodation etc!!!! :eek:

vivekh
15th May 2009, 07:41
yea the 6 students started last december, due to finish this november/december ...

the accommodation part of it all sucks! apparently they are building a hostel , and the office told me that the hostel would be completed this june or so. i read somewhere that the 6 students had to pay some 15k per month :eek: to get accommodation in a hotel close to campus.... that would bring the total cost come close to more than 30Lakhs!!! they better guarantee jobs if they are paying so much... i have a feeling that the aai will do some 'jhol' :rolleyes: to ensure the students get placed in the first batches... afterall, if they are paying so much and the first batches itself dont get placed, who would bother joining!!

if they aint got a da42 deliveries yet, how or on what aircraft are they giving ME ratings??

satwikroy
3rd Jun 2009, 06:03
since the RGNFI is in collaboration with CAE Global Academy
there does seem to be some hope for the training students because if i am not wrong then CAE has a long list of partnership with different airlines which include Indigo Spicejet & kingfisher from India which will help the students in getting placed !!! :ok: :):confused: :cool:

ABCD Pilot
27th Aug 2009, 07:34
Hey, does anybody know about a bunch of these CAE Indigo guys/sabena guys who did their type rating, came back, started flying with Indigo, and got let go?

They are telling me they got let go, but they all failed a check.

Was this maliciously done, or where they just not that great. Understandably so, they have 250 hours and trying to hang on by the static wicks!

blackknight999
24th Sep 2009, 06:18
well as far as the indigo sabena guyz are concerned none has gone so far for the type rating...their first batch of 2 is going next month...so u cant be sure about that!!
indigo had recruited two ex spice cadets who did their training in sabena about 6 months back and they are co pilots now and enjoying life!!

Whiteknight68
2nd Oct 2009, 11:03
Hello,

Do you have the address of the school in India?
Are they hiring FI?:confused:

Thanks