PDA

View Full Version : Helo Aircraft Handling

Ex-RN
14th May 2009, 12:18
A mere shot in the dark. I am currently applying to join the Royal Fleet Auxillary Service. Fork lift and Helo handling will enhance my application. I am doing the FLT but as for A/c handling... I did an RN SMAC19 course (small aircraft handling) at RNAS Culdrose many years ago, but am seeking unpaid 'on the job' training with modern rotary a/c any location in UK. Am I wasting my time ??? Written to Bristows but no reply as yet.

Blind Bob
15th May 2009, 09:32
Don't ask, don't get, but I feel you will have to pay for this course. I cannot see an operator putting in the time and effort to teach and supervise you while you push their expensive machines around the apron. There are also health and safety issues and insurance cover to consider. But best of luck. BB.:8

Brilliant Stuff
15th May 2009, 23:07
I am told TLC Handling give you a day on their lifting devices.But I would imagine they would charge you.

206 jock
16th May 2009, 07:41
I have a Paravion HP150E for sale that you're more than welcome to drive around for a bit if you want to! Might even be able to provide a JetRanger and a Chopper spotter too.