PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham International Airport (UK)

rotorspin
14th May 2009, 11:21
Can anybody recommend lowest cost handling / operators for a 206?

:ok:

handysnaks
14th May 2009, 21:14
Well, take your pick from the following

1. Signature

:ok:

Bladecrack
14th May 2009, 22:49
:D very good handysnaks, you've cheered me up after a long day at work.... Roll on the weekend :ok:

EESDL
16th May 2009, 11:12
Sorry to hear that you need to take your chopper to an airport -
There are other options in the BHX area that should prove cheaper - what have Signature quoted?

JTobias
17th May 2009, 10:10
Where, pray tell?

Joel

Captain Caveman
17th May 2009, 10:58
Try Bluecity aviation they are the second GA handler at BHX.

rotorspin
17th May 2009, 12:35
EESDL - £110+vat at Signature, had the option of a 4 acre landing site nearby for £25 but currently surrounded by 50m wire fencing, so would have been great for a trip in, but sadly lacks any ability to get out without some ropes or a hot torch to make some holes (I have neither)

So whats your master plan?

toptobottom
17th May 2009, 22:33
I flew into EGBB a few months ago and i was surprised at 1) how easy and helpful the tower was and 2) how cheap and friendly Signature was. I think the fee was only about £40 and they even provided a free lift to the NEC and back!

Barndweller
17th May 2009, 23:24
Have to agree - Signature were incredibly helpful when i had to go in there at short notice a few weeks ago, and ATC were also much more prepared to let me behave like a helicopter than many large airports are nowadays.
Best of luck

EESDL
20th May 2009, 11:33
Depends upon what you're planning on doing......although for peace of mind and convenience we have always parked our Dauphin at Signature when we visit NEC.
Don't know if you're off to NEC, picking up pax from aircraft or visiting other location?
Google golf clubs in area - green fee will be less than Signature but always risk of stray ball/vandilism..... etc
Stonebridge/Marriot Forest of Arden etc
Look at gary's website for other suggestions.