PDA

View Full Version : JAR PPL south Africa

Jonny Dorfman
13th May 2009, 17:18
Is it ok to study Trevor thoms material in uk before heading out to South Africa to complete your PPL? I would hate to have to study it all over again as it was the wrong text.

I know it should all be fairly similar but i started studying bob taits BAK when in australia and am reluctant to get his next addition the PPL as it seems very basic in comparison.

Cheers guys.

A340Crazy
14th May 2009, 03:04
You should be ok having studied the Trevor Thom material, you may have to get a copy of the SA PPL law book (at PPL level its not much to study) as there will obviously be differences in the law for each country. You may also have to study a bit about the South African weather for the MET exam, i seemed to get quite a few questions on that when i wrote. As for the other stuff it should all be very similar.

I did my PPL in SA, busy with my CPL in Oz now and found that the PPL books here were'nt as in depth as those i studied from in SA. I must say that i'm using Bob Tait books for CPL and find them brilliant.

Good luck.:ok:

Leezyjet
14th May 2009, 18:49
I just used the TT book 1 for my PPL in SA. The lessons are all the same and the school provided the books to study for the SA PPL exams.

I used the Air Law and Met book and the Radio book when I returned to the UK just to go over the stuff that is different up here.

Edit:

Didn't realise any SA schools were teaching JAA PPL's ?. :confused:

:)