PDA

View Full Version : Indian RT doubt

shanx
12th May 2009, 18:46
Lets say I have an FAA CPL, and a Canadian or Philippines RT License, and say I clear the Part 1 exam of WPC in India.

1. Will I be issued a 3 year Indian RT ?

2. Lets say the issued Indian COP (RTR) by WPC is valid for 3 years... How does one go about in renewing this COP ?
I understand one needs to show some experience of operating VHF comm equipment.
but for the renewal of COP, is it also required to show your foreign (Candian/Phillipines etc RT) and should that foreign RT also be current ??

(the above question is for someone who is not employed and needs to renew his COP RTR)

3. If the candidate is employed by an airline, is the renewal process the same ?
Im asking this because I've heard from many guys that once in an airline, a candidate hardly needs to worry about any paper work related to DGCA/WPC and that the airline takes care of everything.

Thanks ! :ok:

mad_jock
12th May 2009, 19:26
It all depends on how many times the bloke bangs the table with his pen.

If you haven't been told the deal with getting an Indian licenses and rating you should maybe speak to someone who does and get some gold disks produced.

BTW it one disk per pen bang. And the last lad I spoke to managed to get an A380 rating for 4 disks and he had only ever operated Turbo props and to OUR knowledge there are no A380's on the Indian registry.

bad_attitude
13th May 2009, 07:13
mad_jock seems to be running some kind of fever ... :eek:

yes, you'll get a 3 year RTR, but the FRTOL issued by the DGCA will be 5 years.

as for the rules, they are ever changing. so read up all the circulars on the WPC website.

shanx
13th May 2009, 08:37
thanks bad_attitude,

well I did check up the circulars on the WPC website.
I read the document regarding renewals of a COP RTR(A) .. which I believe is the RT issued when you clear both the part 1 and 2 exams.

however, there has been no mention regarding of an RTR permit (the 3 years one).

I understand its a similar procedure but once a candidate clears the part 1 exam, does he still need to keep renewing his UK/Canadian etc RT as well ??

bad_attitude
13th May 2009, 09:33
well according to my airline, I'm ok. I've got a Canadian RT and I have given the Part I.

I have not been informed about getting my canadian RT renewed, but I will look into now.

I figured I still had a while!