PDA

View Full Version : Bristow GB contracts

lars1
12th May 2009, 14:14
I heard from a bird flying by me, that Bristow just won a contract in GB. Any truth in this rumour? Timeframe, oilcompany, etc..:ok:

L2driver
13th May 2009, 02:19
British Gas: 5 years plus 2 x 1 year options for EC-225. CHC lost this one.

lars1
13th May 2009, 04:19
thanks for reply.

what year does it start?

lars:)

chcoffshore
13th May 2009, 06:50
This year i believe.

Ludolf
13th May 2009, 07:20
Was it a contract formerly flown by CHC or is it a brand new contract?

chcoffshore
13th May 2009, 07:51
CHC lost this one

:p Read the above posts

Offshorebear
13th May 2009, 08:57
British Gas: 5 years plus 2 x 1 year options for EC-225. CHC lost this one

BG take over the North Everest & Lomond platforms from BP as of 1st July so that's another 3 flights a week as well as the existing Armada flights in CNS that they have already.

NorthSeaTiger
13th May 2009, 09:49
Seems to be CHC are losing quite a lot of contracts of late, whats going on with them ? Have they picked up any new work that the others may have lost ?

NST

Mozzy
13th May 2009, 10:03
CHC, of late, seems unable to hang onto work. I dont know what The inept managers in the commercial department are doing to try to resolve this rather large issue.:confused:
They seem to have had a policy of getting rid of the good people who could make a difference, and keep the people who should have gone a long time ago!:ugh:
We will have to wait and see of the new owners wake up to this, I'm sure they're well aware and will get rid once they've got them to do all the hatchet work.......

TiPwEiGhT
13th May 2009, 10:11
So will the gain of the British Gas contract have an effect on the numbers proposed by Bristow for redundancy?

TiP

coning angel
13th May 2009, 12:06
CHC are losing contracts left right and centre. They are failing in the tenders. Bristows had decided no redundancies would happen so must be in a much improved position now.
It's all going downhill rapidly for CHC at the present time. Watch out for interesting news at CHC very soon. Pilots being 'directed' around the Southern bases and from what is being said, it's a good job the 'consultants' who have been brought in to turn CHC around have such a good track record.
Professionals - Alvarez & Marsal (http://www.alvarezandmarsal.com/en/professionals/profile.aspx?ID=1977)
This gentleman is now COO for CHC Europe.

jonnyloove
13th May 2009, 12:10
What is the likely hood off CHC lossing the interim sar contract at the moment is that part off chc on shakey ground?

Mr Loove:ok:

coning angel
13th May 2009, 13:31
Someone in the know has stated that the SAR interim contract is improving. Last month seemed to give better figures. That's from pretty high up so it's fairly reliable???:suspect:. Unfortunately, other parts of CHC are not doing so well ie loss of 4+ contracts.

Hoppit
13th May 2009, 14:01
As this thread seems to have migrated to the demise of CHC, does anyone know what/ when the last contract CHC Scotia (UK) won was?

I seem to recall nothing in the last 18 months with everything going to other bidders!

:eek:

helimutt
13th May 2009, 18:41
I don't think CHC have won any contracts recently. A lot of their present contracts are up for renewal over the next 18 months in the Southern North Sea, including the main bp contract out of HUY.
There is so much competition with HNV, Bond, Bristows, HeliHolland, DanCopter etc. The oil companies are always looking for the better financial deal.