PDA

View Full Version : easyJet--Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)

Katamarino
3rd May 2009, 20:34
I note, booking a flight from Amsterdam to Liverpool, that for the first time (I regularly do this flight), I am now being asked to provide my passport details in advance.

Is this another waste-of-time UK law to inconvenience us further?

orange1
3rd May 2009, 22:35
Probably but failure to do so may result in you not being able to take your flight. Your call.

Hartington
4th May 2009, 04:17
I think it's already a requirement for flights to Spain. It has been a requirement for the US for some years. Coming to a country near you soon.

scr1
4th May 2009, 07:40
apis is due to be rolled out for all flts dep and arriving in the uk over the summer

MartinCh
4th May 2009, 07:46
best part is that although requirement according to some law or regulation in Spain, Portugal etc, when having my ID checked, nobody could care less as to which one I presented. I had two different state IDs (both real). There's no such thing as cross-checking the provided ID/passport details with the booths when streaming through 'immigration'. Pointless all of this data collection for regular folks.

(occasional SLF)

mrmrsmith
5th May 2009, 19:54
Try going to the US these days, you have too supply passport info, accomadation info 72 hours before online. and if not approved you won't be going.... A litte bit to much like big brother for me. I see the need but I don't like all that info ending up in huge databases for various US agencies to use a will.

intortola
6th May 2009, 10:53
Not quite accurate mrmrssmith, i often book tickets to USA within 72 hours of departure, sometimes even on day of travel and have no problem with providing this info within hours of departure.

raffele
6th May 2009, 17:49
Not quite accurate mrmrssmith, i often book tickets to USA within 72 hours of departure, sometimes even on day of travel and have no problem with providing this info within hours of departure.

Correct. The limit for getting ESTA authorisation is essentially close of check in. The 72 hour pre departure recommendation refers to the fact it can take up to 72 hours to receive the ESTA authorisation. When ESTA was brought in in January, there were many cases of people not knowing about the requirement, turning up at check in, the airline knowing they don't have the authorisation, and sending the pax to the nearby internet cafe to obtain it. And I'm sure there's still a few cases each day...

mrmrsmith
6th May 2009, 21:35
I stand corrected "intortola".I was only going on the advive of my booking agent. This was my first trip in a few years to the US and I must say the FSA have got there act together, alot smoother in arriving and transiting on to final destination. It was a plesent surprise to what I was expexting.

Evanelpus
11th May 2009, 12:13
We shall be taking our annual pilgramage to Spain at the beginning of July and I was just wondering how much money I was going to have to save up before we leave the UK.

I know Luton Airport now charge £1 for a trolley from the car park, I believe they also charge for the drop off zone. Do Easy charge you for counter check in and I was also wondering what are the restrictions on hand luggage like these days? I did hear that they even charged for the see through bags for things like bottles of drink.

If anyone can give me the full sp I'd be very grateful.

bondim
11th May 2009, 13:30
Hiya.

as far as I am aware, ezy do not charge for desk check-in. I am not familiar with Luton Airport though, so hopefully someone else can help you there.

Info on hand and hold luggage restrictions can be found on easy website, or in your t&c's of carriage, but basically if you booked a hold bag for one person, that must be 20kg max, if you book another bag for the same person, the weight allowance does not increase, still 20kg.
I you, however, paid for 1 hold bag for two pax, the allowed weight is 32kg for that one bag. Your booking information page should show this.

ONE (strictly) item of hand luggage is allowed per person, size 20 by 40 by 50 cm, it must fit in the cage at check-in. There is no weight restriction on that, as long as you are able to lift it into the overhad locker without help.

Hope that helps, enjoy your hols!

B

Evanelpus
11th May 2009, 13:32
Cheers Bodmin

Yep, read the T & C's but I booked way back in December, you never know, the goal posts could have moved!!

PAXboy
11th May 2009, 19:08
These are the folks to ask. The Luton Airport thread in A.A.&R. the last page of the thread.
http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/269514-luton-6-a-100.html
As I understand it, the £1 drop off has not yet been implemented.

Flapping_Madly
11th May 2009, 22:38
Please can anyone confirm---if you fill in an ESTA form online and get authorization you don't need to do anything but turn up at check in from then on until the authorization expires. I think. :confused:

raffele
11th May 2009, 22:59
Please can anyone confirm---if you fill in an ESTA form online and get authorization you don't need to do anything but turn up at check in from then on until the authorization expires. I think.

You complete the ESTA online. Once you're given the all clear, that's you cleared to fly to the States for 2 years, or until your passport expires, whichever is sooner.

You may still need to fill in an I-94W, but I believe this is now being phased out.

Obviously, each time you fly you can update your ESTA with new flight numbers and first night accommodation details, which is somewhat easier than filling out a whole new I-94W...

Anti-ice
11th May 2009, 23:39
Interesting item on BBC's Watchdog this evening, where it appears people are being charged twice for their tickets, one poor older couple were distraught ...

BBC - Watchdog: Customers paying twice for Easyjet flights (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/05/easyjet.html)

We flew with them earlier in the year, certainly wasn't low cost.

We were
-Told to queue OUTSIDE N Terminal at LGW for an hour as there were v few staff ,managed to check in 5mins before last call .
-Were then told to sit down quick as they wanted to get the plane away once onboard.
-Took 2hrs to get served as they were heating up paninis one by one.
-Then told to clean our own seatpockets to save them time.
-Had a farcical boarding on the return flight.
-Seats on way out were filthy-covered in milk.
-At various points, just had 'rubbish' barked at us while they collected in - how about a turn of phrase? - they don't speak to you like that in the cheapest of restaurants do they ? :rolleyes:

Considering it was twice the price we paid with GB airways in previous years, we felt like cattle.
If it was so-called 'lo-cost', you wouldn't mind , but it was £700 for 2 tickets.
Will avoid in the future.

UniFoxOs
12th May 2009, 08:02
Last time I was there the security staff implemented the "one piece of hand baggage only" so don't try to get through there with more.

Re the plastic bag - any "zip-top" plastic bag will do - I recently travelled BHX-NRN and back with my deodorant and toothpaste in a bag that orginally came to me with spare parts in.

Cheers
UFO

ImPlaneCrazy
12th May 2009, 11:49
£1 for 4 plastic bags as far as I remember.

easy1
12th May 2009, 14:37
I know what you mean, becoming very very expensive. As for how clean the a/c was, well paxleaveit in a **** tip so don't see why people can't clear up after themselves!

Capot
12th May 2009, 15:21
It is very arguable that the only fraud involved is by Easyjet.

They are willing to do so many things that are probably fraudulent it is only a matter of time before deciding on doing something definitely fraudulent.

The Speedy Boarding scam still goes on even though those who pay through the nose for it get nothing.

Selling customers' bank account details to fraudulent US-based outfits called something like "Shopper Discount" must have earned them hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Cancelling a booking for spurious "fraud" reasons, then forcing the customer to buy another - probably at a higher price - and then refusing to refund the first payment taken is right up there with real criminal fraud, and I hope the Watchdog programme results in prosecutions.

I have no doubt at all that these are all deliberate frauds. What I do wonder about is whether a company that is so blatantly dishonest commercially is equally dishonest operationally; how trustworthy are its internal audits and maintenance records, for example?

easyboy22
12th May 2009, 16:32
Exactly you want a clean aircraft, then behave like a proper human being and dont dump your s**t everywhere.

Speedy boarding, it tells you in black and white its £15 out £9 return as you might be on a bus.. get over it if you dont want it dont buy it,..

Capot
12th May 2009, 16:44
well paxleaveit in a **** tip so don't see why people can't clear up after themselves!

dont dump your s**t everywhere.

get over it if you dont want it dont buy it,..

And there you have it, listeners, the authentic sound of Easyjet staff addressing their customers.

easy1
12th May 2009, 18:16
Yes that's correct, thats how we feel about pax leaving the a/c in an utter mess and then they have the nerve to complain that it's not up to standard! We have 20 mins on the ground to sort it out, is it too much to ask people to keep there area tidy?!?!?!

As for the speedy boarding, yes I agree it is a rip off! Why pay for it, at the end of the day we are all on the same a/c, all going to the same place and all going to arrive at the same time!! (And all going to get held up by the same problems at the same airport)!
I couldn't agree more that easyJet is very quick to take money off people, but you'll find that every major airline, and big companies are the same.
I'm not having a pop at passengers because if they don't fly then I don't have a job, and you'll find that most crew who work for EJ are ***** off big time at the moment with the managment becasue we are being screwed aswell!!!

PAPI-74
12th May 2009, 19:07
I only use LO-CO if I have to position and the company pays. They are all a joke and would never consider working for them....as for taking my family on holiday with them - never again!!! ever......

Miles Gustaph
12th May 2009, 19:20
Capot:
"Selling customers' bank account details to fraudulent US-based outfits called something like "Shopper Discount" must have earned them hundreds of thousands of pounds."

That's illegal under European law, European Safe Harbor principles, so I somehow don't see a very experienced operator, specifically an internet reliant operator playing who-blinks-first with the UK Information Commissioner...

ThreadBaron
12th May 2009, 19:32
I wanted to complain about Anti's spelling of 'wing'! My pedantism is unsatisfied!

al446
12th May 2009, 20:05
I can understand that you may feel somewhat aggrieved as CC but don't take it out on pax. If you want to treat us like cattle (SLF) we will act like them, not speaking personally but cattle ****, that easy.
Priority boarding? Fortunately I know about it and would not touch it but many are first time with EZY and feel they are being well and truly shafted. Not your fault but be so feckin blase about saying 'just dont buy it'
Bitch about your T&Cs all you want, you could always go look for another job. In the same way we will look for another carrier which brings me back to you to looking for another job.
I have several times tried to get to get rid of my rubbish on both EZY & FR but CC not interested so have had to leave it behind thereby taking up some of your valuable 20 mins turnaround, tough, you want to ignore me then take the cosequences.
In your collective favour most CC on all locos I have found to be very good, you are just not a very good advert for them.

eliptic
12th May 2009, 20:12
but you'll find that every major airline, and big companies are the same.

Spot on! AF KLM are 2 of them,,actually they are worse

Capot
12th May 2009, 22:17
Easy 1

you'll find that every major airline, and big companies are the same.If you actually flew one a few of these, as I now do to get a cheaper and altogether better flight than available on any loco, you would know that every major airline is infinitely better than Easyjet. EG 4 sectors on AF/KL last weekend over CDG, and 2 on BA using LHR T5 last week, both cheaper than Easyjet on the same routes (if you count Luton as London, which is stretching credulity), with polite and pleasant staff, nice little snacks and a 1/4bottle of wine or two, 20Kg hold baggage included in the fare, do I need to go on..................no non-stop full volume announcements of stupid "special offers" during the flight, no shouted orders to clean up the aircraft to help the loco achieve a quick turnround, no harassment on boarding.

And all for a lower fare; it's a no-brainer.

Miles Gustaph

That's illegal under European law,Yes, it is, isn't it. And under British Law. That's why I used the words "I have no doubt at all that these are all deliberate frauds". I found myself paying £8.00 per month to ShoppersDiscounts, of which I had never heard, from a Bank Account I used for business internet puchases, after booking an Easyjet flight last August. I had to close the account to kill the payment. Some Google research revealed that I was one of thousands who had had the same thing done to them. Mistake? No. Something carefully buried in a miniscule piece of small print on a T&Cs PDF attached to the site? Possibly; it's still a fraud.

Did I mention the Insurance scam? A cost approaching that of an annual premium with a reputable company for a return flight's worth of poor cover?

The excess baggage scam? £84 for 6 kilos on one sector; another £84 to bring it back again. Jesus, these people give the whole industry a bad name.

Rollingthunder
12th May 2009, 22:26
Do an experiment.

At midnight, go on-board any aircraft/power off, close all the blinds and inspect all the upholstery with a portable black light.

Oh, no , just realized you can't do that. Good thing too. That will save you puking through the rest of the night.

CSI RT

CornishFlyer
12th May 2009, 23:26
Don't let your judgement of the commercial side of easyJet bear any resemblance of the quality of the maintenance. They are 2 total seperate entities and thoughtless wonderings can cause unnecessary alarm ;)

eliptic
13th May 2009, 06:01
This is nothing new and specific to EJ, this happened to me in Philippines february this year 2 times with Cebu pacific and and KLM when booked return europe.

easy1
13th May 2009, 07:36
Capot

My dear friend I had spent 16 years of my life living abroad, mainly in africa and south east asia, I have flown with the folowing:
BA
Air France
Egypt Air
Garuda Indonesia
Singapore Airlines
KLM
KLM UK
Qatar Airways

To sum up, they all have their faults, they have all had their fair share of rude crew!
Maybe you have had bad experiance with EJ crews, but there must be a reason.
We do extremly long days, we see 600+ people everyday, how many of these do you think are polite, how many times do we get ignored??
After a while crews do get hacked off, it doesn't mean we are not profesional. I grant you there are crew's who need and good slap and who shouldn't be doing the job but thats the same in every job!!

Gibon2
13th May 2009, 08:07
I'm not a super frequent customer of easyJet (or dodgyJet as we call it in my circle), but I fly with them several times a year - when the price and/or schedules make it the best option for the particular trip. It's true, the website is a real "web" of traps and tricks, Speedy Boarding is a scam (but really - does anyone fall for it more than once?), and the boarding experience can be harrowing for the faint of heart. But I've never encountered dirty interiors, rude cabin crew, or anything but a no-fuss, professional, efficient trip once in the plane.

But then I almost always fly with easyJet Switzerland, which I gather is a somewhat separate operation from the UK version. Perhaps standards are better? Anyone here with experience of both who can compare?

Having a ticket cancelled because of "fraud" would certainly enrage me, but by far the most disturbing thing on this thread is that Anti-ice paid £700 (£700!!) for two dodgyJet tickets. There are only three possible explanations for this:

a) dodgyJet now flies to Hong Kong
b) Anti-ice was travelling to attend a funeral on 24 hours notice
c) Anti-ice is out of his/her mind

man friday
13th May 2009, 09:07
i'm going to buck the trend,

i use easy jet a lot out of Gib to Lgw and from UK to other destinations.
either solo, with my young family or as part of a large group.

i've never been delayed for more than 30 mins.
A/c has been clean.
Crew have been polite and curteous.

For the price i pay, less than a meal and a few drinks in town, each way i think they provide xcellent value for money!

deltayankee
13th May 2009, 09:38
Spot on! AF KLM are 2 of them

Err, actually one of them. It's the same company now.

easyboy22
13th May 2009, 09:49
Were not having a go at him personally, just explaining what we put up with, myself and most of EZY crew do a damn good job, think he just had a bad day/flight.

Capot
13th May 2009, 10:23
think he just had a bad day/flight. Yes, true, but put a 5 in front of the zero if by "he" you mean me. Perhaps a 6 or a 7 if we go back 3 years. And I still use Easyjet if there is no other option. But increasingly there is, and very often with a full-service airline, no tricks, no scams and a cheaper price.

just explaining what we put up with, myself and most of EZY crew do a damn good job,We all know exactly what cabin staff do, or even "put up with" but, frankly, most of us are not all that interested. We just buy a service from your company. It does not need endless explanations; you are not a bunch of selfless martyrs, you are cabin crew. We all have to "put up with" something in our jobs, and if we don't like it then we either find another job or shut up and get on with it.

You may do a damn good job, and good for you. So do I, but why would I want to tell you all about that? You are not the slightest bit interested in my self-appraisal. And vice versa. I do not agree, however, with your assessment of most of EZY staff. Some maybe. Most, no.

What I cannot stand is the contempt that loco passenger contact staff, especially Easyjet, have for their customers, together with an apparent belief that it's their customers' job to make their lives easier and better. And the way you gabble endlessy and unintelligibly on the PA pushing over-priced tat and stale food. I know that it's company orders, but give us a break; just think for a change about what we have to put up with during the whole Easyjet experience.

BoeingMEL
13th May 2009, 11:23
Jeez Capot, I presume that you fly EasyJet because etheir schedules are best suited to your needs - or that they charge less than other carriers on the same route(s).

If you don't like what you get for your ££, you should vote with your feet!

(Like they'll notice the difference!)

Cheers bm :ugh:

(ex 733 driver - usual disclaimer!)

eliptic
13th May 2009, 11:41
Err, actually one of them. It's the same company now.

same company group but definitive 2 different Airlines

Capot
13th May 2009, 11:54
BoeingMEL
And I still use Easyjet if there is no other option. But increasingly there is, and very often with a full-service airline, no tricks, no scams and a cheaper price.I am not going to cut off my nose to spite my face. But what Easyjet staff do need to understand is that with increasing frequency their company is no longer the only option, or even the cheapest.

For example, I go to Warsaw a lot; usually BA from T5 is the cheapest, and not only for last-minute bookings. BA/T5 vs Easyjet/Luton (and/or LGW)? No contest. It's the same on all Easyjet routes to Germany; there's a better and cheaper alternative, most of the time, including BA.

But I use Easyjet to get to GLA frequently, because the only realistic option from where I'm based is a train. It would not take much improvement of the train service, and a lower price differential, to change that, but that's never going to happen.

BoeingMEL
13th May 2009, 13:08
...but what exactly do you hope to achieve by blowing off steam in this manner? Good luck anyway. bm

boardingpass
13th May 2009, 13:29
And the way you gabble endlessy and unintelligibly on the PA pushing over-priced tat and stale food. I know that it's company orders, but give us a break; just think for a change about what we have to put up with during the whole Easyjet experience.

You're right. It is company orders, so direct your feedback to easyJet management, not to the cabin crew. Most crew hate doing them anyway. But if you're on a temporary contract, earning £1200 a month, and got bills to pay, you do as you're told. Al446, your advice about getting another job is very constructive, thank you.

Bare in mind though that the revenue from onboard sales (and speedy boarding, luggage etc) helps keep the ticket price down. Legacy carriers are then forced to compete (as many of you have pointed out, LoCo is not always the cheapest option). Just compare ticket prices now with those 15 years ago.

So even if you don't fly LoCo, you're still a winner from their existence. I've never flown RyanScare in my life, but I would never have been able to buy two return tickets on Lufthansa for €99 if it wasn't for them and eJ.

Capot
13th May 2009, 17:38
Boeing Mel

As any proper engine driver - not a modern diesel operator - knows, blowing off steam only achieves a reduction in excessive internal steam pressure; absolutely nothing else. It represents a massive waste of stored energy but prevents an explosion.

But that's a worthwhile purpose in itself for the blower-off.

There's less purpose in actually reading the blower-off's fulminations; even less in replying. The whole purpose, pressure-reduction, is achieved by the first post made by the blower-off.

So it's an entirely selfish act, enabled, I'm glad to say, by Prune.org.

Sometimes, we all try to entertain a bit, rather than blowing off steam, with mixed success. But that's another matter.

Ex-RN
13th May 2009, 22:52
As someone who read about easyJet before their 1st flight, along with Southwest (the EZY model), I have used many LoCo's for anything from 6 to 8 weekend Med breaks per year for the last dozen years in between at least 2 LH flights per year.

However after the latest w/e to BCN and having seen the costs on arrival we have this year bought a 2nd hand touring caravan & awning. Not only is it a vastly cheaper 'battery charging' weekend, God has responded by promising a BBQ summer :D

As a 'flight only' punter since '82 - I know the UK barometer reads:- Hot & Sunny = Cheap fares Cold & Rainy = V. High fares
So I predict that for 2009, Recession + Hot summer = Tits up airways & P45's so CC need to be as positive as possible £1200 a month is £938 a month more than Jobseekers allowance. But then what do I know I'm only LoCo SLF :ugh: !!!

Capot
15th May 2009, 08:47
so direct your feedback to easyJet management, not to the cabin crew.Ever tried doing that? And, puhlease, don't suggest using the channels offered for "feedback" which, if they respond at all, respond with a bland, dismissive reply which somehow manages to suggest that you are wrong/unreasonable/stupid/inexperienced/foreign. Forgive me for speculating that none of that gets within 100 Km of the CEO.

Give us the mobile numbers and email addresses for the CEO, COO, and the persons in charge of customer services, the website and accounts and we'll all be very happy to deal with them directly.

But for as long as they skulk anonymously behind their junior passenger-contact staff it's going to have to be the latter who get moaned at, in the hope that it gets passed on.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Bear in mind though that the revenue from onboard sales (and speedy boarding, luggage etc) helps keep the ticket price down.No, it does nothing of the sort. It simply increases gross sales and goes straight through to the bottom line. The overall cost of flying on a loco, averaged among all passengers, has never been much lower than the lowest cost of flying on a full-service airline. Check out their annual accounts. It's a marketing myth created by offering a few seats that would be empty otherwise at stupid prices.

The main reason most people, including me, fly on a loco is because it serves the city pair closest to what they want. So I've nothing but support for that aspect of loco strategy, while I can only admire the "Low Fare" con trick. On routes served by full-service carriers, as well as locos, the full-service carriers are usually the best option for service, airport convenience, schedule and price.

boardingpass
15th May 2009, 09:55
Give us the mobile numbers and email addresses for the CEO.

[email protected] is the CEO's email address. Feel free to tell him how you think he should be running the company.

GroundedSLF
15th May 2009, 10:57
Capot - stop "blowing off" - you are starting to stink the place up

:E

Munnyspinner
15th May 2009, 11:50
Vote with your feet.

Tell me where you are going from and to and I bet I can give you at least 2 non easyjet options for around the same money.

Too many people using their keyboard and not their grey matter.

Katamarino
15th May 2009, 13:11
I'm flying Easyjet tonight. I think they're great as long as you just view them as a flying bus. Handluggage only, nothing else expected but to get from A to B. However, the getting from A to B part is fairly important, and if they accuse me of being a criminal and deny me boarding, as seems to be happening to many unfortunates rather at random, there shall be something of a stink :suspect:

jettesen
16th May 2009, 18:54
CAPOT regarding your excess baggage statement, you'll find BA charge £123 for a second bag on shorthaul and £225 on longhaul. So think you'll find that a measly £86 which you paid is small as if you had that at BA, you would be charged £123 END OF!

P.s I work for BA, so don't come back saying I'm wrong!!!!

loungee
16th May 2009, 20:05
Jettesen - You are absolutely wrong !!! Ba charge £25 on internal flights for an extra bag, £35 per extra bag on european flights and £90 on long haul - check the website if you are not convinced ! If you pay in advance online you also get these prices discounted. I do know I charge these prices when checking psgs in every day !!!! This allows you an extra bag up to 23kg in weight by the way ! Any bag between 23kg and 32kg will incur a heavy bag charge of £25 per bag. That is 9kgs of extra luggage for £25.

hellsbrink
17th May 2009, 04:43
P.s I work for BA, so don't come back saying I'm wrong!!!!Tut tut... :=

Your free checked baggage weight allowances

The weight of each bag:
must not exceed 23kg (51lbs) for the free allowance to apply
must not exceed 32kg (70lbs) for it to be checked inYou will need to pay £25 ($45 for journeys from all US airports) at the check-in desk for each bag or item that is over the maximum free allowance weight limit of 23kg (51lbs). This fee will be converted into the local currency during the check-in process.

If you pay prior to check-in, you will get a discount (the amount is dependent on your destination):

Charges per additional bag up to 23kg (51lbs)

Longhaul
£90 per bag (airport)
$165 per bag from any US departure airport
£72 per bag (online with discount)
$132 per bag (online with discount)

Shorthaul
£35 per bag (airport)
$65 per bag from any US departure airport
£28 per bag (online with discount)
$52 per bag (online with discount)

UKDomestic
£25 per bag (airport)
$45 per bag from any US departure airport
£20 per bag (online with discount)
$36 per bag (online with discount)

You will need to pay £25 (or $45 from any US departure airport) at the check-in desk for each bag or item that is over the maximum free allowance limit of 23kg (51lbs). This fee will be converted into the local currency (other than the US and UK) during the check-in process.Sources:- British Airways - Additional, overweight and oversized baggage (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagunacc/public/en_gb)
British Airways - Checked baggage (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagchk/public/en_gb)

Tudor
17th May 2009, 16:46
Many long-time posters on PPrune will know that jetteson is delusional - he often claims to work for airlines in a feeble attempt to strengthen his 'argument'. At one point, several years ago, he claimed to be working for EZY, GB and BMI simultaneously throughout several different threads. Below is an excerpt from a post he made on the CC forum on the same day that he claimed here to work for BA...

Care to explain as to why there are several 737s sitting outside the BA hanger at LGW every morning??? Surely theyy don't just sit there if there's nothing wrong with them...........considering you only have about 6 or 7 left at LGW ......doesn't look very good does it!!!!! lol

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/374196-not-pleasant-flight.html

Surely, if he works for BA, then he would use the term 'we' rather than 'you' and, furthermore, he would know the answer to the question himself or, at the very least, be able to find out the answer.

He was banned for a period but, for some inexplicable reason, he's been released to continue trolling :ugh:

lowcostdolly
19th May 2009, 10:36
For goodness sake the CC on here who think it's OK to abuse passengers either on an aircraft or in a passenger forum grow up and wise up!! I am CC and feel thouroughly ashamed of my colleagues :(

The SLF depend on us for one thing and one thing only on our particular flight.....to get them off in the "unlikely event" it all goes pear shaped on landing/in flight. Thankfully the guys and gals at the pointy end are really good at preventing that!!! :)

We on the other hand depend on the SLF(aka paying customers)for our commision, our sector pay/flight allowance and ultimately our jobs so treat them with some respect. In fact manners cost nothing and may influence whether they return to one of your flights in the future low cost or not. Treat them as you would like to be treated yourself :)

Don't like this comment? Check out the jobcentreplus website then because very soon you may have to.

Equally note to SLF. If the CC collecting your rubbish has just had her hand in a nappy filled with poo deposited in a seatpocket on her turnaround duties when there is a baby changing table and rubbish bin in the loo she may be a little p:mad: when collecting the gash for the 20th time on her 4-6 sector day. The smile and pasenger interaction, if she can manage it at all, maybe a little jaded. Respect works both ways:ok:

On a seperate note to Capot. Are EZY capable of fraud? Can't comment but check out the latest ground breaking management appointment in H89:eek::eek:! Integrity is one of the company values apparently. What better way then to demonstrate this to crew and passengers than to appoint a Director :uhoh: formally criticised by a judge for giving "false evidence". Brilliant!!!:D:D

Evanelpus
19th May 2009, 11:57
The SLF depend on us for one thing and one thing only on our particular flight.....to get them off in the "unlikely event" it all goes pear shaped on landing/in flight. Thankfully the guys and gals at the pointy end are really good at preventing that!!!

Well said, I'm sure at your interview you weren't asked to mix the perfect Martini!

Don't like this comment? Check out the jobcentreplus website then because very soon you may have to.

So true, I think as SLF we expect far too much when we fly.

Equally note to SLF. If the CC collecting your rubbish has just had her hand in a nappy filled with poo deposited in a seatpocket on her turnaround duties when there is a baby changing table and rubbish bin in the loo she may be a little p when collecting the gash for the 20th time on her 4-6 sector day. The smile and pasenger interaction, if she can manage it at all, maybe a little jaded. Respect works both ways

This really gets my blood boiling. I think the vast majority of SLF are thoughtful but I have witnessed cases of people just throwing their litter on the floor instead of saving it for the rubbish collection run. Go visit some of the loos towards the end of a flight too. As a bloke, I always lift the seat to pee and my aim is pretty good but some of the toilets I've visited are an absolute disgrace. I'm sure people don't pee on the seat or on the floor at home so why should they do it at 30000ft.

CC are human too and deserve a little more respect from the minority who think they are at their beck and call because they have paid their £25 to get to the Costas.

Scumbag O'Riley
19th May 2009, 12:27
Of course people pee on the seat/floor at home, and that's when the floor isn't moving! To expect people not to 'miss' when the plane is moving around is unreasonable. Perhaps we should have a sitting down rule, with closed ciruit tv to enforce, on a dedicated channel on the IFE. Should cabin crew clean toilets? Don't see why not, I clean toilets after people have been at my house, none of us are too special to clean toilets.

I'd be less likely to put rubbish on the floor if there was room to put it somewhere else, and/or if there were more regular collections. Until then, rubbish goes where I can put it. I think we should try to make life easier for everybody else on board a flight, but the environment we are put in, and for which we are only prepared to pay, doesn't make it simple.

Evanelpus
19th May 2009, 12:37
Of course people pee on the seat/floor at home, and that's when the floor isn't moving! To expect people not to 'miss' when the plane is moving around is unreasonable.

To expect the Scumbags (no pun intended) not to clean up after them is acceptable then?

I'd be less likely to put rubbish on the floor if there was room to put it somewhere else, and/or if there were more regular collections. Until then, rubbish goes where I can put it.

Rolls eyes! I rest my case.

Scumbag O'Riley
19th May 2009, 13:12
Well you have now shifted your position. Yes, I think people should clean up after themselves. However if they don't then somebody else has to. Sometimes I even clear up after others myself, however if I don't then I think it's reasonable to expect cabin crew to do so.

Evanelpus
19th May 2009, 13:21
Scumbag

My position has not shifted, you are Scum for doing it and not clearing it up.....period!

I think it's commendable that you would consider cleaning up after someone else though. Are we talking litter or toilet mess? Because if it's toilet mess, you deserve a medal,as do CC who on countless occasions have to deal with this.

I'm off to Spain in July with EZY and I'll make sure I clean up after myself.

Scumbag O'Riley
19th May 2009, 15:09
Oh well... Takes all types.

boardingpass
19th May 2009, 19:59
Until then, rubbish goes where I can put it.

Or you could get up of your lazy behind and put it in one of the bins in the toilets. What is it with people stuffing used tissues in the seat pockets? Would you stuff tissues down the side of your friend's sofa??

Should cabin crew clean toilets? Don't see why not, I clean toilets after people have been at my house, none of us are too special to clean toilets.

So you want crew to clean toilets, and then serve you your food? Mmmm, Bon Appetit! Perhaps we don't clean toilets for the same reason waiters and chefs don't... they're disgusting because the people who use them are disgusting. I bet the reason you pee on the floor is because the battle of the bulge has taken over and you can't see the aiming device anymore like you used to.

frequentflyer2
19th May 2009, 22:32
If I leave urine on an aircraft toilet - and its very difficult to avoid it on the Dash 8 400 as the lavatory compartment is tiny - I quickly make up a solution of hot water and liquid soap in the little sink, soak some of the paper towels in it and give the area affected a damn good clean.
I'll be honest, I've been the first person to go during the first flight of the day and I've left some of those seats and their surrounds a darn sight cleaner than I found them
To some people this may sound weird but I wouldn't leave a toilet like that at home so why would I leave an aircraft toilet in an unhygienic condition?

Sparelung
20th May 2009, 11:04
Should cabin crew clean toilets?

NO! :yuk:

So you want crew to clean toilets, and then serve you your food? Mmmm, Bon Appetit! Perhaps we don't clean toilets for the same reason waiters and chefs don't...

:ok:

On the MEDIF forms I fill in for my patients, it clearly states that CC are employed as food handlers and as such are not allowed even to help pax in the toilets, let alone clean them!

Scumbag O'Riley
20th May 2009, 11:15
Boardingpass,

I pee on the floor because

1) I am male. We all do it. Women do it too, but trying to persuade them of this is tricky.
2) Aircraft move around, the bowl is a moving target, sometimes it just doesn't get hit.

Also, my waist size is 32 inches, I can see everything in its glory very well indeed thankyou very much.

If I am on a plane, or at my home, or at somebody elses home, I also clear up my mess. Then I wash my hands. Once my hands have been washed they are suitable for preparing and serving food. That is how I work in my home, and I see no reason why being on a plane should be any different.

Having a pee is a natural process and we have evolved to survive interaction with the products of our bladders. People are far too precious nowadays.

Nick Riviera
20th May 2009, 12:25
'[email protected] is the CEO's email address. Feel free to tell him how you think he should be running the company'

No, that's not his address, it's an attempt to con people into thinking they can direct questions, criticisms etc. directly to the CEO. It is monitored by others.

Last year I had a flight cancelled by Easyjet at very short notice. We were transferred onto a later flight to STN when we were originally going to LGW. I was assured at the time that Easy would refund all charges incurred getting us back to our home, which amounted to a taxi bill in excess of 100 quid. Easy then tried to weasel out of this by offering us a flat 30 quid, take it or leave it. I sent a mail to the CEO at the above address and got nowhere, just another pat reply from a time server. I eventually managed to get hold of his REAL email address, the one that goes to him personally. Funnily enough, my claim was paid a couple of days later. If anyone would like that address then you can pm me.

lowcostdolly
20th May 2009, 15:25
OMG peeps why did my post end up quite literally in the toilet?? :eek::eek:

The point of my post was to try and get across to all parties that had made me :mad: that we should all respect each other particulary when we all fly loco. At the time it was my fellow CC (easy1 and easy22) that had rattled my cage but now the SLF have thrown a bit more fuel on the fire....Scumbag O' Rilley hope you are reading

The CC responsibilities/priorities to all SLF are;

Safety. We get you off in the "unlikely event" anything goes wrong anywhere, at any stage, at any destination...even the sea!! Thats goes for all carriers at all times. A CC in BA first class will throw you down the slide if you hesitate to jump just as I would....her company will just charge you more for the priviledge :)
Comfort well yes with some carriers you will get more comfort apparently gratis. Loco carriers will sell you a blanket/pillows/eyeshades,extra legroom etc and at some carriers you will get this "free".
Service Any CC on any airline will do their absolute best to provide what their company allows them to do in whatever cabin class they are working in. What they are allowed to do is outside their control. However I have worked with a few companies and at no time in any of them have I been expected to clean toilets. Yes I restock the loo roll and I order cleaners on turnaround to clean up after the likes of Scumbag O' Rilley. I don't clean up after him for the reasons stated by Boardinpass and sparelung.So come on Guys. SLF you choose to fly loco and CC you choose that career path as well. Low cost doesn't mean we can't respect each other as well....or am I out of touch here???:hmm:

Scumbag O'Riley
20th May 2009, 22:56
Scumbag O' Rilley hope you are readingI sure am. I make sure I read posts before replying, I would look a fool if I didn't.
I order cleaners on turnaround to clean up after the likes of Scumbag O' Rilley.Now what did I actually say.
If I am on a plane, or at my home, or at somebody elses home, I also clear up my mess.andYes, I think people should clean up after themselves. However if they don't then somebody else has to. Sometimes I even clear up after others myself,I'm not above cleaning toilets, don't see why you should be. Citing hygiene is simply an excuse for lazyness. Wear gloves, wash your hands, look after your paying customers.

TightSlot
21st May 2009, 06:45
Thank you Mr. Scumbag - you're an absolute Angel

May we all move off the personal stuff now please...?

Moray Eel
21st May 2009, 12:45
Hi folks, I doubt this is the right thread, place or forum for posting this and I have wrapped myself in flame-proof bubblewrap just in case I've made a mistake :)

But that aside, I just wanted to dearly thank all of the EasyJet staff for a wonderful flight both to Nice at the crack of dawn on Friday morning and the flight back early Monday evening. Check-in was fast, efficient and smiley (after the cattle herding I experienced on another low-cost airline recently, I'm jolly glad of this!) and both flights left on-time.

The flights themselves were most excellent with cheery, polite cabin crew on both legs. I can tell you - after three hours sleep, a smile makes a shed-load of difference. I'd particularly like to thank a cabin crew member on the route back (Jess!) for naming two small cuddly sea creatures for me that I'd picked up as a souvenir. Chips and Fingers are doing just fine!

I really wanted to write to EasyJet the old-fashioned letter way with my thank-yous and a picture of Chips and Fingers, but their web site says that they do not accept paper based correspondence - which is a great shame! In these days of moaning when things go wrong, I'd love to cheer someone's day by sending a thank-you card and a nice letter. But still.

Anyhoo, I'm waffling, I thought I'd place a shine on EZY's day by saying that the whole experience both ways was splendiferous. Cheers, guys'n'girls!

Moray Eel

Michael SWS
21st May 2009, 19:55
When a passenger wants to send a thank-you letter to an airline simply because a flight left on time and the cabin crew were polite then there is surely something very, very wrong with the industry. :sad:

cherrycoke
21st May 2009, 23:52
There is nothing wrong with a passenger wanting to say thankyou for anything. Or anyone for that matter. The world would be a far nicer place if people were congratulated more for doing things well, for doing things properly, or for just doing something. Your post makes me feel angry.

Michael SWS
22nd May 2009, 06:11
There's nothing wrong with saying thank you; I don't think anyone could possibly disagree with that sentiment. But, congratulating people for doing their job properly or "just doing something"? Hmmm, maybe that's a little much.

And the world would also be a far nicer place if people got angry less often. :)

But my point was a serious one - just what kind of industry have we created when a passenger feels driven to write a letter of praise simply because nothing went wrong during a short flight? Efficient check in, on-time departure and polite cabin crew should be a basic level of service at all times from every airline. Have passengers' expectations really fallen so far?

boardingpass
22nd May 2009, 09:28
Oh Michael, stop being a bah humbug. If you care to read the letter properly, you will see she was thanking a specific crew member for her specific actions (for naming two small cuddly sea creatures for me that I'd picked up as a souvenir.) In essence, the flight exceeded her expectations, so it is appropriate she expresses this and says thanks! Pax are very quick to let you know if a flight failed to meet expectations.

You are suggesting that pax expectations are too low. I think usually they are far too high.

Moray Eel
22nd May 2009, 09:49
Opps, didn't realise that this would cause an issue. Lesson learnt. Apologies!

I would say, though, that my expectations are rock bottom these days - from that perspective, I see what Michael is saying. So many flights feel like a royal punch in the face from booking to arrival that when it all goes perfectly I feel a thank-you is deserved. If the airline knows that their customers appreciate their effects, surely it's win-win for everyone?

Anyway, in my case, I felt the check-in staff and flight crew were particularly cheery and friendly; more than I've received on much larger airlines in much comfier classes of seat. They made my trip additionally splendid and regardless of where everyone's expectations are these days, I appreciated it.

Moray Eel.

TightSlot
22nd May 2009, 10:25
Opps, didn't realise that this would cause an issue. Lesson learnt. Apologies!
Absolutely no apology is required - you didn't cause an issue.

Anytime that you wish to extend thanks to anybody in the industry, for whatever reason, you are welcome to do so. A letter/email to the company is always the most effective method, although here at PPRuNe we're always pleased to hear the good - we usually only hear of the bad.

Arcane discussions about hypothetical motivation for praise are of interest to some, but don't ever be put off being pleasant to other people as a result.

Michael SWS
22nd May 2009, 18:57
Opps, didn't realise that this would cause an issue. Lesson learnt. Apologies!Not at all. My post was not meant in any way as a criticism of you - I think it's a kind thing to want to do, to write a letter of thanks to someone who has made you happy.

My comment was purely as I stated it - the airline industry has forced passenger expectations so low that service that would have been seen as standard 20 years ago is now apparently so unusual that it is worthy of praise.

cherrycoke
23rd May 2009, 02:11
Michael, I see your point. Consider my anger withdrawn. Sometimes I have a very jaded, weary point of view, which is where my little hippy comments about what would make the world a nicer come from.

Sometimes I think the whole travelling process is so unbelievably horrible that I am surprised passengers don't burst into tears of joy when we can actually give them something they ask for. But I think half have high expectations and half have low.

rentok36
5th Oct 2009, 10:39
Hi All,

I just wanted to pass on my thanks to the Captain and Crew of the flight for keeping the passengers updated with information after the emergency divert to nantes due to a medical emergency of a cabin crew member (david).

Cabin Crew member Darren - You are a star !! Your sense of humour and patience was outstanding whilst the other members of crew dealt with your ill colleague. I only wish all of the passengers had the same humanity as myself and my travel partners.

I hope that all is well with david and that he is recovering well from what must have been a scary situation for all people concerned and having left him in france must have been unsettling.

Well done all.

TightSlot
5th Oct 2009, 10:43
As always - Nice to see on PPRuNe, but if you really feel strongly, always best to write to the airline themselves - they will pass on your appreciation to the correct person, including the crew members(s) themselves.

rentok36
5th Oct 2009, 13:31
Already written to the airline, Just thought that sometimes others should see that passengers can be reasonable :ok: and we do appreciate it when difficult situations arise.

Wing_Bound_Vortex
6th Oct 2009, 00:43
We were behind you guys coming up through france inbound for Luton and heard the diversion, glad it all went well

WBV

malc4d
7th Oct 2009, 16:02
I want to catch an 11:30 flight to Sanford from Glasgow. Would the first flight from Luton get me there on time (8:20) .....Could l check my bag through or would i have to pick it up at Glasgow and recheck it ?

aidoair
7th Oct 2009, 17:16
You would have to collect your bag and check-in with the airline to sanford as itwould be a totally different airline. Easyjet are strictly a point to point airline any way and do no joint onward connections.

planenut321
7th Oct 2009, 17:25
Can I use a provisional license on internal flights i.e. BRS-EDI with EZY?

kriskross
7th Oct 2009, 20:08
Also bear in mind that if there is any weather or tech delay, you will get nothing back from EZY - if it's that important possibly the night before or the train?

raffele
7th Oct 2009, 20:24
You should be able to as long as it's of the photocard type. Double check on the Easyjet website re identification needed for domestic flights. On other airlines, I've used my driving licence, although to be honest, your ID tends not to be checked on domestic flights, particularly if you check in online with only hand luggage

the_fish@blueyonder.
7th Oct 2009, 21:57
Yes you can.

Myself and 2 other friends all used our Provisional UK Licences on an EZY EDI-STN-EDI flight in February without any problems.

racedo
7th Oct 2009, 22:45
I would check as airlines do change their requirements.

Goldilocks95
8th Oct 2009, 09:52
i do check in for easyjet and any id is fine as long as it has your name and picture shown. people travel on student cards, military ids, even coscos cards! so, yes your provisional driving liscense is no problem.

and excuse me raffele-if your travelling with easyjet your id always gets checked!

Rusland 17
8th Oct 2009, 12:18
Glasgow airport has Holiday Inn Express, Travelodge and Premier Inn. Just book a cheap room online and get a good night's sleep. There are few things worse than spending a night in an airport.

davidjohnson6
8th Oct 2009, 18:23
I'm sure many people have seen this site before, but if you want a *really* cheap night at an airport while waiting for a flight early the following morning, here's the guide. Glasgow seems to get a "not bad" rating

Airport Reviews | Budget Traveller Guide to Sleeping in Airports (http://www.sleepinginairports.net/)

Rusland 17
8th Oct 2009, 19:02
Yup thats true, but.......

Easy gets in at 22:00 and globe leave at 06:00. Easy £26, room £45 - 80 Globe £139.00......hmmmmmmmmI don't understand. Your initial post said:I want to catch an 11:30 flight to Sanford from Glasgow. Would the first flight from Luton get me there on time (8:20) .....Could l check my bag through or would i have to pick it up at Glasgow and recheck it ?So are you leaving Glasgow at 06:00 or 11:30? And regardless of what time you depart and how much you've paid for the flight, surely £45 (or even £80) is a reasonable price to pay to avoid having to sleep in an airport all night?

xraydice
9th Oct 2009, 08:01
Dont sleep at the airport, stay awake then sleep on the flight.