PDA

View Full Version : Aviating in Australia

uk_suda
11th May 2009, 13:43
Hey Guys,

My name is Udit and I am a budding young pilot who has just completed his multi engine instrument rating endorsement (new zealand CPL). I do have very low hours however and am looking at making the step up somehow in australia, however don't know where to start.

My licence is transferable under the TTMRA so no issues there, however I was hoping for some advice on aviating in australia and where the best region to start would be....

any advice appreciated!

Rhodes13
11th May 2009, 14:48
uk suda first question that you have to deal with is do you have the right to live and work in Australia? ie are you a resident of NZ or Aus, if not then I'm afraid the answer is probably a no.

If it is then you can head up North, places like Darwin, Halls Creek, Kunna's, Broome etc and such places is where a lot of guys get their start. Maybe more difficult this time due to the economy and the like but always worth trying.

But the saying goes you gotta be there otherwise the CP will just bin the application.

Good luck, you'll need it.

Halfwayback
11th May 2009, 15:50
I think you will have more success in the Dunnunda forum (unless the vicious Mods :} that lurk there chuck you back!) so I will move this thread.

Good luck

HWB

uk_suda
13th May 2009, 02:04
Hi Rhodes13

I am a citizen of NZ so no problem there. I do plan to land in australia before any applying for that very reason.

Thanks for the advice, I do plan on travelling through melbourne first before I head north, do you know what prospects there are along south australia? Or would you advise to get to Darwin as soon as possible?

eeper23
13th May 2009, 06:01
u picked the wrong time, there is no movement in ga up here at the moment

another bloody kiwi coming across, god help us all :}