PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a set of CPL books for sale?

hightower1986
10th May 2009, 09:04
Hi Im after the CPL "pilot books" if anyone has the full set, not too bothered about the Human Factors one mind, must be up to date and around Bay of Plenty region if possible? not sure if im allowed to be posting this but im sure someone will tell me soon enough if Im not?! Thanks

AussieNick
11th May 2009, 00:39
not wanting to sound harsh mate, but have you thought of buying a new set? that way you can be assured that the books are up to date

hightower1986
11th May 2009, 02:03
Yeah course i have but new means $$$'s that id rather save some for flying with, was just after someone that may of just finished doing the CPl course and doesnt want to keep them?

hightower1986
11th May 2009, 06:22
for the full set its about $300kiwi and theres a specific brand of books called "Pilot books" which i find very easy to read so was after these.

Alex 009
11th May 2009, 06:29
Just my 2 cents, granted that equates to about 1.5 hours in the air, but say by the time you source a set of second hand books for say $100, wouldn't it be just better off biting the bullet, miss an hour of flying sacrifice an hour of flying (most) and have a complete up to date set of CPL books that you can scribble over.

hightower1986
11th May 2009, 07:29
well yeah it would but im a tight arse lad from yorkshire:} so was after a chepo option, will have to buy them all new me thinks but thought I would ask anyway

DeathStar-Alpha
12th May 2009, 02:02
haha good on ya man, no harm in asking! :ok:

Unfortunately I still use mine for browsing through, and I would suspect most pilots are the same. Good luck though, and I would suggest at the very least getting a new Air Law book as this is most likely to be out of date if bought 2nd hand. Generally all of the other books are more or less the same in regards to up-to-date-ness (I could not say with certainty they ARE up to date though)

Cheers DStar