PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft repainting- any recommendations please?

Noah Zark.
9th May 2009, 19:21
Can anyone recommend any organisations doing good back-to-bare-metal aircraft paintwork, please?
Thanks.
N.Z.

Shoestring Flyer
9th May 2009, 19:50
Mick Allen is your man.

http://allenaircraftresparays.co.uk

Mick and his sons have painted 4 aircraft for me over the years and are highly recommended.

L'aviateur
9th May 2009, 20:06
Mick Allen & Son Aircraft Resprays (http://www.allenaircraftresprays.co.uk/)

goatface
9th May 2009, 20:33
Air Livery Plc - Quality First in Aircraft Refinishing (http://www.airlivery.com/index.shtml)

They generally deal with larger aircraft, but I've seen C182s and the like in their hangers before.
Worth a shufty.

NutLoose
9th May 2009, 20:52
Colton Aviation produces some stunning work
COLTON AVIATION (http://www.coltonaviation.com/)

percy prentice
9th May 2009, 20:52
Mick Allen....you will have to wait & he probably will slip on timings but he did my aircraft 5 years ago & did a fantastic job

rmac
9th May 2009, 21:16
When you have your quotes, give us a call in Bratislava, we get all sizes and types from all over Europe, last one from canary Islands, and are very competitive for paint and interior, as well as being excellent quality (of course :ok:)

smarthawke
9th May 2009, 22:40
Another vote for Mick Allen from me, attention to detail is second to none.

Colton's were also a favoured name but alas no more. Fred sold the business to others who have not done the name much good and AFAIK, the paintshop is now closed. fred is still involved with the maintenance side.

Beware anyone new on the scene, those that are the cheapest and those with no queue for work...

Hen Ddraig
10th May 2009, 10:28
Don't forget to get the aircraft reweighed after painting

Time to spare, go by air

Hen Ddraig

cambioso
10th May 2009, 20:37
Mick Allen at Turweston does the Biz for me..............................
Take a look at this month's LAA mag - that's his work on my "Red Thing".
Taken in and delivered back exactly on time (and to that standard!).
Great team.
Jez.

cessnarepairman
11th May 2009, 14:43
K & S aviation at Sleap, worked with them for years, highly recommended
07816 889929

Noah Zark.
12th May 2009, 14:16
Thanks for all the replies and info, guys.
N.Z.

A and C
12th May 2009, 18:06
The mark of a bad paint job is when you drop the flaps and find that the rear spar has no new paint.

My last two aircraft went to Mick Allen, I have no plans to retun in the near future because the quality of the work is such that I expect the paint to last 20 years.

perfectpiper
25th Oct 2010, 14:24
I recently had my PA28 resprayed after a lot of research ( visiting 5 respraying companys in the UK). I am a very fussy person with high expectations as I come from an engineering and restoration back ground. Airtime Paint in Bournemouth had the best facilities and I must say some of the most knowledgeable people in the bussiness. They kept me informed thoughout the job with pictures at regular intervals. I recomend Airtime Paint 100%.

Pretty dam good at interior as well.

IO540
25th Oct 2010, 14:38
I would say Airtime's paintwork has been the best I have ever seen, on several planes, though I have never used them personally.

Human Factor
25th Oct 2010, 17:36
Another vote for Mick A. Our Yak is going in for a touch-up in the near future.

stevfire2
25th Oct 2010, 20:41
must say perfectpipers paint is the best ive seen. top job.:)

DBo
26th Oct 2010, 06:36
I used Fly Moore at Dunkeswell for my RV and was very pleased with the result.

Dave

smitn05
27th Oct 2010, 19:51
Our PA28R was resprayed by them 7 years ago, lives outside and still looks the woofers danglies. I have also just seen another of their recent jobs up at Wycombe and the quality is outstanding.

Whilst Im sure there are others out there that can produce similar results, definately get a quote from these guys and if you can go have a look at the facilities, the top man knows his emulsion from his magnolia :-)