PDA

View Full Version : A reat day at St Paul's

Mick Strigg
9th May 2009, 07:58
What a fantastic day we had at St Paul's Cathedral and afterwards to celebrate 100 years of Naval aviation.

Well done to the Fly Navy 100 team and thank you to the City of London.

MrBernoulli
9th May 2009, 08:50
What is 'Naval aviation'?:confused:

spheroid
9th May 2009, 10:22
This is Naval Aviation. These guys who are still part of the FAA (Remember no one leaves the Fleet Air Arm)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/uknews/5291554/Royal-Navy-aircraft-fly-past-HMS-Illustrious-moored-on-the-Thames.html?image=4

You will understand in 10 years time.

BEagle
9th May 2009, 10:43
MrB, me old, don't be such a tart! People who don't know you probably won't recognise your cheeky wind-up, even from a war veteran like you!!

Might I recommend Phoenix Squadron - a right good read which will help you understand what real British naval aviation was once all about.

It'll give you something to do between waypoint checks, eating, chatting up your stews and watching the clouds go by on those exciting long haul trips!

Well done to all involved in Fly Navy 100!!

LateArmLive
9th May 2009, 13:28
This is Naval Aviation.

Great photo in front of an RAF Harrier ;)

Black 'n Yellar
9th May 2009, 14:36
I think you will find it is a harrier from JOINT Force Harrier.

LateArmLive
9th May 2009, 15:07
gosh, really? Owned by the RAF :E

spheroid
9th May 2009, 15:55
Who ever owns it doesn't matter but I bet your mortgage that it wasn't a crab that put it there..... That would be far too dangerous.

This inter-service banter is brill...... But I do wonder if the Crabs will reach 100 years.... Hmmm maybe not if Sir Jock has anythng to do with it

Riskman
9th May 2009, 19:48
This inter-service banter is brill...... But I do wonder if the Crabs will reach 100 years..

Here's a lobster that managed it;)

At age 140, lobster to regain his freedom | Entertainment | Reuters (http://in.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idINIndia-37369820090110)

MrBernoulli
10th May 2009, 18:29
Cheeky wind-up? Moi? Well, I never heard such a thing! :rolleyes:

:E

Pheasant
10th May 2009, 21:35
gosh, really? Owned by the RAF

Probably actually "owned" by the IPT. The Harrier capability is managed by the RAF but it is a JOINT Force and the a/c are Joint as confirmed by SofS recently after the farcical CAS/ACAS attempt to remove the RN and make it a SINGLE Service activity - They failed miserably and brought the RAF into damaging disrepute.

Is it really true that BAe are going to employ Torpy? - they must be absolutely mad.