PDA

View Full Version : Gippsland Aeronautics

Brian Abraham
8th May 2009, 17:01
Anyone have anything to add?
http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/373193-gippsland-airvan-sticky-end.html

werbil
8th May 2009, 21:03
ASIC Free Company Name Search (http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=006_250_371&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1)

Looks like a change of director - nothing else on the ASIC site showing signs of a company in distress.

aseanaero
9th May 2009, 01:02
Govt holds talks with troubled Gippsland Aeronautics

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:30pm AEDT
Updated Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:29pm AEDT
Workplace Participation Minister Jacinta Allan says discussions are underway between the State Government, Gippsland Aeronautics and the unions.
The company has been forced to send workers on paid leave and shut down production.
It says calls for the Government to buy its GA8 Airvan to fight bushfires has fallen on deaf ears.
But Ms Allen says this year's State Budget is not a solution to the company's problems.
"Really it's about making sure we've got to find the right fit, because the Victorian Government doesn't really buy too many planes, I think apart from organisations like the CFA [Country Fire Authority], the DSE [Department of Sustainability and Environment], but there is also certain requirements that those organisations will need that may or may not be able to be met by Gippsland Aeronautics," she said.

Govt holds talks with troubled Gippsland Aeronautics - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/19/2520680.htm)

I guess the focus of company energy on the acquisition of the Nomad type certificate from Beoing may have stretched Gipps Aero and taken their focus off existing sales then followed by one of the worst aircraft markets in years starting late last year.

If there is a problem lets hope they can get through it.

--

Roaming Eye
9th May 2009, 01:23
Aero jobs axed - Local News - News - General - Latrobe Valley Express (http://www.latrobevalleyexpress.com.au/news/local/news/general/aero-jobs-axed/1466380.aspx)

Brian Abraham
27th Jun 2010, 23:36
Just heard an interview with George Morgan on ABC radio. Interested to hear him mention a twin development of the Airvan, and turbine Airvan will be a ten seater. Confirmed the factory staying where it is and not moving overseas.

Jethro Gibbs
28th Jun 2010, 01:38
The end is near wonder how much $ they will owe people.

VH-XXX
28th Jun 2010, 02:32
The end is near wonder how much $ they will owe people.

You should read what is written in the post before yours.

It doesn't sound like the end is near.

The new owners are a MASSIVE organisation and they aren't going under in the short term, that's for sure.

Jethro Gibbs
28th Jun 2010, 06:38
if there such a MASSIVE organisation why get rid of staff ?

HarleyD
28th Jun 2010, 07:22
Like most posting here I am watching and waiting to see what will be the next step, unlike the self imoprtant JethroGibbs who already has made up his mind, in the complete abscence of facts, that it's all over and he was right all along.

Many of us who live near to and know some people involved are not near so pessimistic as the tiresome Mr Gibbs who must have better sources than the rest of us.

VH-XXX you are right Mahindra is MASSIVE, though maybe not quite as big as JG's ego. As i understand it from those who work there, there is a sense of optimism that the ENORMOUS backing that Mahindra lends a company such as this will help to enable the company to grow and afford to develop new products without needing to operate hand to mouth.

There seem to be plenty of nay sayers and self professed Airvan expert knockers out there, but those of us who exist in the peripheral aviation industries associated with a viable Australian aerospace industry are Keen (haha unintended pun) to see gippos do well, prosper and provide Aussie designed and built aircraft for the world market. good on them.

I for one will be quite annoyed if the Indians were to throw the whole show in a box and send it off to the black hole of calcutta, but there seems no evidence so far that this will happen. I've done a couple of hours myself in Scarevans and quite like the elbow room.

HD

VH-XXX
28th Jun 2010, 07:48
Jethro normally focuses his accusations and mis-information on the Barwon Heads area so he seems to have moved further east this week.

djpil
28th Jun 2010, 09:09
if there such a MASSIVE organisation why get rid of staff ?so that it continues to be massive

HarleyD is closer to things than I am and has similar views to myself.