PDA

View Full Version : Fly My Sky

kongdong
6th May 2009, 20:39
Anybody worked for these guys lately? I know they used to be Mountain Air but I'm trying to get some current information such as pay, conditions etc. Thanks!

27/09
6th May 2009, 22:13
I think they have a phone number, give them a call.

Fruet Mich
6th May 2009, 22:30
$23,000PA, Great company to work for when Robyn is not around. Plan to work for them for 2 years otherwise it WILL get ugly. Robyn will hunt you down and she will get her bond out of you. 10k 1st year, 5500 2nd year.

It's one of the best twin time jobs of NZ GA. Great fun flying, offering both good adverse weather flying to the Barrier and other VFR charters and good night IFR freight runs. Do your two years and walk straight into Eagle, Air Nelson etc.

Good luck, it's a fun company to work for. :ok:

dabz
6th May 2009, 22:48
does anyone know if there's any minimum hours to work for them?

i heard a rumor that caa introduced some minimum 750 hour TT rule for pilots wanting to work in part 135

i cant find anything on the caa website so i'd love to know

Kiwi172
7th May 2009, 01:03
Read rule part 135.509 The 750hr requirement is for single pilot multi IFR. There are a number of other hour requirements also. These are if your are acting as PiC IFR under Pt135. They do not apply for VFR. Also take a look at 135.505 it has all that you need to know re the rules. There exposiion may have different requirements though.
Good luck:ok:

The Green Goblin
7th May 2009, 04:30
$23,000PA, Great company to work for

:eek:

10k 1st year, 5500 2nd year

For a bongo? fair dinkum mate :{ you could just about buy the whole aircraft for that :p

It's one of the best twin time jobs of NZ GA

No wonder the Kiwis started the race to the bottom in Australia if this is what they are used to, even sweeter when they are sending money home to have it grow by 30% :yuk:

Good luck, it's a fun company to work for

It would want to be, you could not afford to pay for any fun outside of work that is for sure!

Fruet Mich
7th May 2009, 06:59
So tell me, oh wise green aussie goblin, How many twin operators in Aus?

And then tell me how many twin jobs in NZ for building twin time? Or shall all the young Kiwi guys come over to Aus and take all your well paid light twin jobs?

Unfortunately fella, twins are hard to come by these days in NZ. Especially twins that log IFR time.

We all know Aussie Aviation pays better than NZ (Mexico of the Pacific).

It all depends on whether you want to live in some shyte hole out in the outback flying twins or live in Auckland flying tourist to Great Barrier?

Probably explains the pay parity ay?

Cheers

kongdong
7th May 2009, 07:07
I understand that the pay here is less, but lifestyle is awesome! Thanks for the info guys:)

j3pipercub
7th May 2009, 07:31
Or shall all the young Kiwi guys come over to Aus and take all your well paid light twin jobs?

Half of youse already do, once you leave Bondi :}

j3

Fruet Mich
7th May 2009, 07:51
Hmmm good point! Pays better!

The Green Goblin
7th May 2009, 07:56
Unfortunately fella, twins are hard to come by these days in NZ.

Yeah especially ones that put out :}

And then tell me how many twin jobs in NZ for building twin time

Not many I suppose, does explain all the sheep though :cool:

Fruet Mich
7th May 2009, 08:27
hehe No more sheep here mate! We've gone up in the world, cows!

dabz
7th May 2009, 10:37
There were 3 aussies and one New zealander in a bar.

The aussies decide that it would be funny to piss the new zealander off.
"Ok, ok."Said the first one, "I know how to do it."

He goes up to the NZer and says "Your Johana Lomu's a gay prick."
The guy just shruggs and says "Ok."

The next aussie goes up to him and says "your Johana Lomu's a transexual."
Again the kiwi doesnt seam to mind.

The last guy goes up to him and says "Your Johna Lomu's an australian." The kiwi smiles. "i know, thats what your other friends have been trying to tell me."

The Green Goblin
7th May 2009, 11:08
A major earthquake, measuring 9.1 on the Richter scale has hit New Zealand this morning. The country is devastated with 350,000 New Zealanders missing, and over 100,000 injured.
The country is totally ruined and the government is so overwhelmed that it has issued a worldwide appeal for assistance. Other nations have been quick to respond to the disaster.
Britain is flying in rescue workers and sniffer dogs to help locate trapped victims.
The USA is flying in food supplies and aid money.
France is flying in doctors, nurses and first aid units.
Japan is flying in high tech communications equipment.
Germany is flying in special trained police squads to help restore order.
Russia is flying in tents and warm clothing.
Australia is flying in 350,000 replacement Kiwis.......

DeathStar-Alpha
7th May 2009, 11:36
What's the difference between a battery and an aussie?

A battery has a positive side

dabz
7th May 2009, 20:09
I think auzzies want kiwi's to get all the flying jobs in australia.

When a kiwi crosses the the tasman it raises the IQ of both countries! :ok: