PDA

View Full Version : Stamping the Logbook

Jumbo744
6th May 2009, 03:40
Hello,

for the last 2 month I have been doing some time building, I currently have 126h. I never stamped my logbook when arriving at destination. I though you had to stamp it only when doing the 150nm for the PPL. I have lots of fuel receipts that can prove I landed at the airports mentionned on my logbook, but no stamps on my logbook...

If the school certifies my hours by stamping the logbook, will it be ok for TC ?

dash8pilotCanada
6th May 2009, 04:23
Just make sure you get your log book stamped for you 300NM cross country.. As for your regular flying having your instructor stamp and sign the log book is good enough.

Jumbo744
6th May 2009, 12:48
thank you very much! I didn't even stamp it while doing my 300nm. Anyways I still have 20 something hours to build to get 100h PIC so I will just do another ''long'' cross country.

Thanks a lot!

NavPilot
7th May 2009, 00:37
IMO, until about a year back, there was no requirement for this...for license issue(CPL).I've heard folks go great lengths to provide evidence of the 300nm...including taking photographs at the destination! Not necessary. A sighnout from your CFI should be ok. Keep the fuel recipts though...just in case.

Jumbo744
7th May 2009, 01:46
roger that, thanks navpilot! I have tons of pictures if they want to see them :-)

ahramin
9th May 2009, 20:43
I have no stamps in my logbook. Never had a problem.

Youngback
10th May 2009, 20:49
Don't come to Africa then. This place lives and dies by the stamp...... and I found out the hard way.

LOW BURNER
10th May 2009, 23:15
youngback can you explain. Looking for some more details.

Jumbo744
11th May 2009, 00:33
really ?? my plan is to go to Africa soon as I am done! I'm going to fly back to those airports and stamp my logbook then.....but if the school stamps and certifies my hours, do I need the airports stamps too?

Thanks if you can give more info!

q400driver
18th May 2009, 02:34
Never got my log book stamped whether it was 150nm or 300nm, and never had any issues. Went to a large University/Flight Program in BC and never heard of any issues or TC investigating any further as long as the flight was signed out, in the journey log and times made sense.
Q4

Jumbo744
19th May 2009, 19:25
that's good news, thanks for your input :ok:

ScudRunner08
19th May 2009, 19:45
Never had nothing stamped in my logbook or knew there was even a requirement. Didn't have any issues with TC getting any of my licence's or Ratings I think this may be some flight school blowing smoke up your ass.

Can someone post a link to the section of the CARS that deals with Stamps in logbooks???? Or any link that states you need to take off or land at a certified airstrip with a FTU and land at one with FTU with said stamp.

Youngback
20th May 2009, 12:12
Well in Africa, they really like their little stamps and paperwork. The paperwork can be completely bogus but you get a rubber stamp with "Approved" written on it and stamp your own stuff and they will be as happy as a tornado in a trailer park. Does it make sense? No, but that's completely irrelevant.

I went to get my Tanzanian ATP license and they rejected my logbook due to me not having a stamp on every page. I had all my Canadian and American stamps where required, as in when I had finished flying the relevant aircraft. The Tanzanian Civil Aviation Authority wanted a stamp on every page and every month. This meant that on occasion I had to have 3 stamps on the same page where in North America I had 1 stamp (or examiner signature) maybe every 20 pages. Just giving you a heads up. DHL is expensive if you need to ship your logbooks.

Just saw your question Jumbo. No you do not need airport stamps. Just a stamp from an FTU or your employer stating that the times flown in their aircraft are accurate. ICAO just did an audit here and found that their wasn't enough verification that license conversion applicants actually had the hours that they were claiming. Any FTU that claims you need to get "airport stamps" is blowing a lot of smoke up your ass. They may require it for themselves as a condition that you know the airport you are going into to cover themselves for insurance. As a Transport Canada requirement, absolutely not. You have a license. You don't need to be babysat on your visits to each of the thousands of airports in Canada alone.

Jumbo744
22nd May 2009, 00:48
great youngback, thanks so much for taking the time to answer :ok:

sub2
10th Jun 2009, 15:07
I have never got my logbook stamped...