PDA

View Full Version : E-Mail Redirection

bulolobob
6th May 2009, 02:06
I have a minor problem that I hope the colective wisdom of Ppruners can help me solve.

I use, normally, an e-mail address that consists of my first initial and surname and the domain of my ISP (eg [email protected]).

I also have my own website that provides me with a number of alternate e-mail addresses (eg [email protected], [email protected]). In the setup of my website any incoming e-mail addressed to [email protected] is automatically redirected to my normal e-mail [email protected]. This, I understand, is termed a "catch-all" provision.

I use MS Outlook 2003 for all my e-mailing. However some time ago I subscribed to a newsletter service using a mydomain.com.au address. I now wish to cancel this subscription and the newsletter has an automated reply to enable this unsubscribe function.

When I use this I receive an automated reply saying [email protected] is not subscribed to this service.

Can anyone suggest how, using MS Outlook, I can make an e-mail appear to be from [email protected] rather than from [email protected].

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Thanks
BB

Keef
6th May 2009, 07:55
You'll have to create a new account in Outlook, and unsub using that.

bulolobob
6th May 2009, 08:39
Thanks Keef

Set up a new account in Outlook - then under Options there is an option to include a 'From' field. Typed my mydomain.com.au address there and it worked like a charm.

I seem to learn something new every day!
Cheers
BB