PDA

View Full Version : Medium to large twin urgently needed for 25hr trip.

Rojer Wilco
5th May 2009, 23:29
Help me!

I'm a low hour CMIR CPL (around 350 hrs TT with 200 ME), and am looking for a descent sized twin to take from Sydney or Hunter area to private hire for 25hrs or so over 7-10 days for a work (not charter) trip to the desert in WA, landing at a number of RFDS remote strips for survey work.

I'm currently endorsed on BE76, C310 and PA23, but I'm prepared to do any endorsements necessary. I'm flat out finding decent sized aircraft, as I need to take 3 pax plus gear. We're not really restricted by cost, we just need an aircraft. I hope to depart on the 19th of this month.

Please contact me if you have, or know of, a suitable aircraft for hire.

PS If anybody knows where bizzybody went, point him to this thread! He offered me two suitable aircraft, and then vanished!!!

Thanks

Mr Bomb
5th May 2009, 23:46
Roger Wilco,
Bizzybody is a very busy man, either that or everytime he offers someone the hire of one of his Barons and they actually call him about it, he vanishes. He seems to resurface every 6-12 months offering free flights or pay for fuel to ferry a Baron from "up North" back to Bankstown. He gets lots of bites and then says he has a pilot to fly it, but my research both here and through PM's has revealed no one has ever met the man and no one has actually ever flown one of his Barons.

Do a search for him, I have called him on this numerous times but get no reply nor a phone number to call him on. I wanted to hire one of "his" Barons for a trip to the west and back doing about 35-40 hours over 10 days, but alas after a PM giving him my phone number and name I never got a reply.

In fact I would ask the mods to investigate this person as best they can as I believe he is a fraud and offers his aircraft when they don't even exist.

Good luck with finding what you need. You may like to try airborne aviation, they have a nice Seneca II. They also have a C310 but their website says Charter only. However maybe they might private hire it for that many hours and seeing as you already have an endorsement?

Cheers
Mr Bomb

bizzybody
5th May 2009, 23:46
Not vanished im here. only left for a few weeks.

Check PM

VH-XXX
6th May 2009, 00:29
"I believe he is a fraud and offers his aircraft when they don't even exist."

If that were the case then half of the charter companies and flying schools out there would be indited daily !

Rojer Wilco
10th Jun 2009, 01:31
Bomb (and others)

Bizzybody is a very busy man, either that or everytime he offers someone the hire of one of his Barons and they actually call him about it, he vanishes. He seems to resurface every 6-12 months offering free flights or pay for fuel to ferry a Baron from "up North" back to Bankstown. He gets lots of bites and then says he has a pilot to fly it, but my research both here and through PM's has revealed no one has ever met the man and no one has actually ever flown one of his Barons.

I'm back from my trip. Bizzybody gave me his Chieftain, and I've flown 25 hours in it over the last two or three weeks. Not only is Bizzybody real, but I've found him to be both genuine and easy to deal with.

I'm not trying to start a fan club for the bloke, but he does deserve a better run than some on this board have given him.

Rojer Wilco

Tinstaafl
10th Jun 2009, 05:13
Well, that's certainly a roomy aircraft for 3 pax + some gear.

senshi
10th Jun 2009, 06:35
I'm a low hour CMIR CPL (around 350 hrs TT with 200 ME)

What were the insurance requirements? I know PP used to get boys on the Baron's and Chieftan's at Savannah with low time, but as a private hire??? 350TT sounds pretty low be flying the old Chief around. :cool:

S

apache
10th Jun 2009, 09:11
why do we need an hour requirement to fly aircraft?

Surely, if you are taught the proper method for operating the beast from the outset, and you have a BIT of common sense... then you are as safe as the next bloke?

Question for you..... would you prefer to lease an aircraft to someone with 2000hrs? or someone with 500?

honest Q!

senshi
10th Jun 2009, 11:06
Surely, if you are taught the proper method for operating the beast from the outset, and you have a BIT of common sense... then you are as safe as the next bloke?

No doubt there are a few competent low hour pilots that are capable of flying twins, but for most I would have thought it is a matter of crawling before you can walk and building the experience (and confidence??). Anyone have any specific hour requirements for twins re insurance for their company ?

S

tio540
10th Jun 2009, 11:46
Some insurers are asking for 1000 hours TT and 50 hours on type for Pa31. Others require 200 hours multi.

There are exceptions naturally, and you may need to agree to an higher excess. Good luck.

Mr Bomb
10th Jun 2009, 12:35
Roger Wilco,
Well I have to say good for you. I am very glad someone got to actually meet the man and also got to follow through on an offer he has made (and quite generous I must admit - as others have said by hiring a Chieftan to you with lower hours).

Bizzy,
As promised, here is a public apology. I hope I can still be on your Christmas Card list:ok:. All I wanted from you was a follow through on your offer to contact me re myself hiring a Baron from you for about 30 hours as you said you were going to do.

However I do believe you now actually exist and are real and have said aircraft. So please accept my public apology. Hats off for giving a low hour guy a chance to hire one of your aircraft. I do hope in the future that I have not burned this bridge too much and if I need a twin again I might be able to hire one off you. If not I understand!:E

Cheers
Mr B.

bizzybody
10th Jun 2009, 21:52
All good.

It will be back home on Wednesday but it will be getting some things done to it during that week.

If anyone needs it just let me know

flog
11th Jun 2009, 07:18
I'll vouch for Biz. Good work that man.