PDA

View Full Version : Question for BA crew re First Class

Whenderson
5th May 2009, 13:21
Hi

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this in, but I wonder if any BA First Class crew can enlighten me as to what the plans are for the revamp of First Class.

Is it taking place this autumn? I thought it was supposed to happen this past spring?

Having flown LHR-LAX recently I thought the service was superb but the cabin was showing its age (although not as much as Premium Economy, but that's a whole other story).

Anyway, just wondered what the plans are for the cabin - Emirates-style private cabins etc?

And any news on which routes coming first? Am planning a return trip to Sydney in December and wonder if I will get the new cabin?

Thanks in advance

likealavalamp
5th May 2009, 14:07
hey there............... i would count on ba doing anything with there cabins any time soon.... theres a lot happening within the airline at the moment re buisness plans and stuff so am guessing updating cabins wont be done for a few years!!!!!!

Prob looking at the first batch of a380;s to arrive for private cabins etc -which is a while off yet!!

if this is what your looking for your best bet would be to fly qantas - first class is amazing on the a380 - all computerized etc etc!!!:eek:

Carnage Matey!
5th May 2009, 15:05
The revamp is cracking on as the company recognises it needs to invest in the product in order to retain market share. There are a few soft touches in first going in already I believe but as for the larger cabin revamp I don't have a date for it. Don't expect private cabins as the customer research indicated they wouldn't be popular - too isolated apparently. The usual roll out pattern of any new cabin is to put it on the JFK route, but after that it rarely goes to any particular destination as BA don't have dedicated aircraft for particular destinations.

The_Banking_Scot
5th May 2009, 18:00
Hi,

I thought the new First was going to be on the new 777s coming online this year(?) then rolling out to the rest of the fleet. I thikn it weas due to be formally announced earlier this year but it seems to be delayed.

On flyertalk , a poster has posted a picture of the new first BAg ( look very nice).

(Hopefully the soft products will all be available on my flight to PHX in august):ok:

Regards

TBS

apaddyinuk
5th May 2009, 21:40
Any of the crew who have done the new Premium training course have signed secrecy clauses so dont expect to hear too much until BA make the official release.

However the new cabin IS DEFINATELY going ahead for this autumn and subtle changes are already taking place such as the introduction of new soft furnishings (which look slightly out of place on the current seat but apparently will compliment the new seat), washbags, menus, red accent glass (dont ask) etc!

Some "sketches" have been found on the internet claiming to be direct from BA but no one seems to be able to prove that they are accurate.

Seat62K
6th May 2009, 16:43
As far as I am aware, the new First will not be radically different from the existing product. I remember when I first saw the "new" seat (can't remember whether it was a sketch or a photo) that I was struck by how similar it seemed to the current First seat.

apaddyinuk
6th May 2009, 16:55
Indeed. I dont believe it will be a suite at all. The line I heard from some random manager was that the CAA have "issues" with them so it would be very difficult for BA to get it certified. But I dont know how much I believe that.
If anything it will be closer to Qantas' new First!

Final 3 Greens
8th May 2009, 17:45
If BA don't have a suite 1st product, I believe it will damage the company's positioning.

Lest we forget, it was BA who championed the flat seat, a very innovative approach.