PDA

View Full Version : Breitling Watches

backTOfront
4th May 2009, 17:45
Right here is a question for all fellow aviators.

Being a new member of thy hallowed club, I wish to purchase myself a little present. So my question is where is the best, ie cheapest, place to buy a brand new Breitling?

I plan to go via Dubai in a few weeks time. So do I try and buy one there or buy one in the UK?

Fortyodd2
4th May 2009, 18:04
Switzerland - using the "Tax free for tourist" scheme. Even adding the cost of an EasyJet flight and overnight accommodation it was still cheaper than anything in the UK. Mind you, this was in 2003 - things might have changed.

silverknapper
4th May 2009, 18:08
I have always found Waltons the Jeweller in Chester to be outstanding. they are always prepared to negotiate and really do know their stuff. More importantly, for me anyway, they are in the Uk so any problems are easily dealt with. They put an extra year on the guarantee too. And one of my mates took his back 2 months out of the extended guarantee. They still arranged for the repair FOC.

VinRouge
4th May 2009, 18:18
Andrew's Jewellers in Newark used to do a 25% military discount direct from Breitling.

Personally, I have a Navitimer and wish I had got a speedmaster.

Having had it for 6 years, I could have spent the money on better things... Although it is a very pretty watch.

PPRuNe Pop
4th May 2009, 18:33
This is subject that has been regularly posted. Please use the Mil search engine to find what you want - its there, believe me!