PDA

View Full Version : Rights when redundant

TSIO540
4th May 2009, 12:53
I was recently made redundant from a company operating Metro 3's :{. My contract was in accordance with the GA pilot's award 1998:}.

Is an employer entitled to ask for the uniform back that they provided me 5 months into employment such that I had to wear out my own uniforms?

I was told by the employer that they would be providing a uniform rather than paying me the allowance. I have only received 3/4 of it six months into my employment, and now that I am redundant they want it all back!:mad:

As a metro F/O what is the award salary entitlement?

UTBNI for a (M3 Heavy @ 7257Kg): $32653 +
65% F/O Turboprop allowance: $3303.30 +
CIR: $4669= $40,625.30 but I am only being paid $38,880:ugh:

Did I work that out correctly?

apache
4th May 2009, 13:08
i think that UNBTI should be UTBNI (up to but not including).

IF the employer supplies you uniform, I think that YES, they can ask you for it back. My last employer WOULD withhold monies from your final pay until we had returned the uniform.... including ASIC card. HOWEVER, because the PILOT had to pay the $50 bond for the card, we were entitled to return the card to the issuer and present the employer with a receipt in lieu of the card.

In respect to your using your own uniform because they failed to provide you with said uniform.... I would take that up with the AFAP(if you are a member) and ask for 5 months worth of allowances. IF you are NOT a member.... well, you can ask anyway!!!!!!

TSIO540
4th May 2009, 13:20
Abbreviation amended...

It might be high time to finally join AFAP. I'm happy to give back all of the company embossed stuff but the shirts and trousers to replace mine that have been trashed with grease is a bit rough.

apache
4th May 2009, 13:41
Mate.... if they are the same colour..... return the trashed ones, and keep the good stuff!

NickN80
7th May 2009, 04:14
You wouldn't get me to fly a Metro for that sort of money, thats pathetic wages. When are people going to wake up and pay someone what they are worth.

You can earn that money sitting on your behind in a call centre answering phones.

j3pipercub
7th May 2009, 06:04
CONGRATS NICK!!!

YOU JUST WON THE TOOL OF THE WEEK AWARD!!!!!

YOUR PRIZE (USED DOUCHEBAG) WILL BE POSTED TO YOU.

get over yourself

The Green Goblin
7th May 2009, 06:30
You can earn that money sitting on your behind in a call centre answering phones.

Sad part is you would earn more!

No1Dear
7th May 2009, 09:51
Tell us what you really think J3, don't hold back.

TSIO540
It might be high time to finally join AFAP
That doesn't sit that well with me.
I am guessing that you haven't joined before now because it was unaffordable as a metro FO but joining after you are redundant and asking for help may not be received overly well.

The AFAP is the weakest union I have ever been a member of, by a long way.
I think that low number of members is partly why.

Join the bloody union people and not just when you are in trouble.

If you have ever seen a powerful union in action you will know why.

3 Holer
7th May 2009, 10:34
The AFAP is the weakest union I have ever been a member of, by a long way.

A Union is only as strong as it's members.
Pity you are such a weak ass Dear!:mad:

No1Dear
7th May 2009, 11:26
Geez mate settle down
It is no secret that the AFAP is pissweak.
I am saying people should join so it is stronger
farkme

NickN80
8th May 2009, 09:23
Relax J3, my comment had its merits.

And does your Mrs always post her used douchebags to board members as prizes? Or is this a special occasion?

j3pipercub
10th May 2009, 03:00
Nah, it's your sister's. she let threw it in for free as part of the arrangement we have.

Just so we know then, what equipment do you fly?

j3

The Green Goblin
10th May 2009, 04:33
what equipment do you fly?

Been a watching Catch me if you can eh? :cool:

j3pipercub
10th May 2009, 06:01
maybe, maybe :}

CharlieLimaX-Ray
10th May 2009, 06:59
Don't you get the full turboprop allowance and only get paid for a co-pilot instrument rating.

Also from memory they have to renew your instrument rating if you are being made redundant. If you were employed with a command rating that's what you have to leave with.

I am away form work so haven't got a copy of the award with me, but ring the AFAP and get a copy.

Also ask your employer for a reference and a copy of your training records including Metro 3 ground school, endorsement and any other courses that you have done while employed there.

apache
10th May 2009, 07:04
and do not forget to get a copy of your flight and duty times for the last 365 days.
ALSO, a Dangerous goods renewal will save you a few $$$$ if about to expire.

Centaurus
10th May 2009, 10:37
If you have ever seen a powerful union in action you will know why.

Let me see, now. Way back in 1989 there was this powerful union in action. Indeed it was so powerful that it quite successfully helped it's members get jobs all over the world. But not in Australia....