PDA

View Full Version : Air Transat (TCX) to Canada

NWSRG
3rd May 2009, 17:53
Folks,

Anyone have any experience of using Air Transat from LGW to Vancouver? Seems TCX provide the service using A330s...

Upgrade to Premium seems reasonable, but I can't find a seat map or info on the IFE (if any!)...

Any advice (or alternative suggestions) welcome!

Skipness One Echo
3rd May 2009, 18:01
Do you mean the flight is operated by Thomas Cook A330s on behalf of Transat?
TCX = Thomas Cook
TSC = Air Transat

NWSRG
3rd May 2009, 18:17
Yep, Thomas Cook A330s apparently...

GROUNDHOG
3rd May 2009, 19:42
There is a coincidence just looking at the Canadian Affairs website to book myself! Usually fly BA premium economy, would have flown Zoom premium but would also like to know what TC premium is like please?

A2QFI
4th May 2009, 12:04
Zoom premium hasn't existed since September last year and my partner is still trying to get her money back, despite having paid with a VISA card!

iain8867
4th May 2009, 12:07
The premium cabin has 36" leg room, 2/3/2 seating, upgraded meals (with a choice) free drinks (excluding Champagne) pre-departure drinks, rolling movies ( not on demand, only one aircraft in the fleet has this) increased baggage allowance and dedicated crew.

TCX have bought in an Airbus 330-300 series for the Canadian Affair flights for this summer, so 66 premium seats instead of either 45/49. I'm operating on the 330-300 in a weeks time, as soon as I know what it is like in Premium I will post back.

raffele
4th May 2009, 13:41
Zoom premium hasn't existed since September last year and my partner is still trying to get her money back, despite having paid with a VISA card!

Unless she paid by Visa Credit there's no guarantee she'll get her money back. The protection with Visa Debit cards is dependent on how/if the bank administers the scheme, and whether the branch staff actually know about it! More information available here (http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases#debitcard)

Back to the topic...