PDA

View Full Version : Weston on the Green yesterday

doubledolphins
3rd May 2009, 17:37
As I've now retired from Her Britanic Majesty's Part Time Navy I feel I should stop being such a one eyed anchor-faced cnut. So I would just like to say thanks to the chaps (ok may have been some chapesses there) who arainged to drop a stick of 5 troops at the Green just as I was driving my self and DD jnr to Twickenham yesterday. For some ridiculous reason it made my day. (Well the rugby wasn't going to was it?)
I guess, as it was a saturday that the troops, at least, were reservists so from one to another, Thanks, keep it up and all the best for future Ops.

DD jnr was moved as well. He told me that having seen that he wouldn't mind being a para. Do you know what, I wouldn't it mind either. Though I would prefer it if he was driving the Herc.

(Posted entirely with out the help or after effects of beer!)

GPMG
3rd May 2009, 17:57
Surely a Green Lid would be more fitting DD and would continue the naval family tradition?

Have to agree regarding the game yesterday, bloody awful if your were rooting for dark blue. I left at half time and continued drinking at the Stonehouse Sgts Mess bus, catching up with many blokes that I not seen for many years, which made for a terrific afternoon drinking with friends in the sun.

airborne_artist
3rd May 2009, 20:11
Nowt wrong with going from Dark Blue to Green Airborne - happens in all the best families!

GPMG
3rd May 2009, 22:31
AA, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the guys that wear the Maroon Beret, I have known many blokes who did / do and the banter and professionalism is terrific.
And of course, as my T-shirt says, 'God is a Para..............' ;):E