PDA

View Full Version : Multiflight getting expensive

Okavango
3rd May 2009, 08:54
Multiflight seem to be putting their prices up by the week. Is this just based on the sterling:dollar exchange? Seems to have increased disproportionately? Surprised as my expecation was that business would be likely to fall for FTO's so they'd do their best to hold prices. Maybe a sign of things to come and radical increase in cost of training?

A and C
4th May 2009, 11:26
Unfortunately all of us in the aviation will have to increase prices due to the £/$ rate, this has put up the price of parts.

The other things beyond my control that have put up costs are EASA part M maintenance increasing the paperwork costs by about £700/ year per aircraft, insurance increases of about 15% due to the £/Euro rate and above inflation increases in business rates.

The big problem is that the government (local & national) refuse to keep their costs under control and keep thinking of ways to squeeze more money out of private business, it would seem that Multiflight are in the same boat as me and the rest of small to medium businesses in the UK

quant
4th May 2009, 11:43
another reason to ditch labour....

olicana
4th May 2009, 17:28
I hired an aircraft from MF for the first time in a few months the other day and did not notice a price hike, do you have an example to corroborate your claim.

Okavango
7th May 2009, 18:39
Just looking at the ads (on this site included). Their modular ATPL course has increased recently from £29995 (I think) to now somewhere around £37k. Quite a change in a short space of time.

benish
7th May 2009, 20:55
Hi there, that figure for the Ab Initio has increased by that much over a period of around 1.5 - 2 years i think.

There have been 4 price changes, I think just one is in relation to costs but the other 3 are down to the exchange rate.

I am out here now in Naples at London Aviation doing the first part of the Ab Initio. I would say the training is second to none, the standards of the instructors is brilliant. There isnt a huge amount of students so instruction is pretty centralized around you, and the aircraft are very good. They only have 3 C172s (1 is a G1000), a C150, and an Aztec ME.
If your thinking of joining this course you wont be dissapointed! PM me for details.

Also, anyone coming to Naples (inc NAC), Im staying with a very nice bloke that has 2 rooms to rent for $600 a month. It is saving me £2k for a 10 week stay as the hotel is $72 p/n, and the hotel doesnt include the luxuries that renting a room does (ie kitchen/ so no need for a takeaway!). PM me!

YYZ
8th May 2009, 08:58
Multiflight have never been cheap.. but you do get what you pay for.

YYZ

Okavango
23rd May 2009, 21:45
Just looking through an old copy of Flyer and they were advertising at £29995 in June last year. That is a fairly steep hike in one year!!