PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for line trainees in Turkey

Warlock1
3rd May 2009, 07:54
According to the latest law by Turkish DGCA, no foreign pilot (under 500 hours of flying experience) flying/training with a Turkish company (as a student involved in line training, or FO) will be allowed to fly to major busy airports such as London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt etc. Apparently this decision was made inorder to discourage the Turkish airline companies from hiring/training new foreign pilots and give priority to their own.
Something to think about for people wanting to do line training in this country.

Abagnale
3rd May 2009, 08:14
Thanks God :D At least somebody is taking care of the industry...Now these people will finally have to use their brain and think of a better plan,rather than buying their way to the flight deck :hmm:

GBB
26th May 2009, 11:38
Oh yeah....
And what is that going to change?
They will just force the airlines to take on local low hours FO and they will be allowed to fly to big airports? Doesnt make any differnce to me :ugh:
And they want to get to EU with such policies :ugh::ugh::ugh:

birdlady
26th May 2009, 22:01
Barstools :mad::mad:I am not turkish (obviously) but I do live in Istanbul. I am not currently involved in the aviation industry but would like to finish my training here and make Turkey my permanent home. As there is no Ga sector here so to speak of, the airlines are really the only option open. Well that certainly puts the kybosh on my plans. :mad::mad: