PDA

View Full Version : Cebu Pacific Unreliable

slatch
3rd May 2009, 00:21
Cebu Pacific is a joke of an airline. They have no clue about customer service. Was scheduled to go from Clark to Bangkok last Thursday (April 30), arrived at airport at 1015 for a 1225 departure. Upon reaching the check in counter we were informed the flight had been cancelled. Their plan was to bus everyone (around 30) to Manila for the 2300 flight that arrives in Bangkok around 0100. They did offer to reschedule people on the Saturday flight. After talking with the customer service rep it was evident the flight had been cancelled the day before. They made no effort to contact any of the passengers in advance. There were a lot of pissed off people. Seeing I was just heading over for a couple days of drinking I just went back to Fields for a few cold ones and called it a day. Feel sorry for the people that spent 13 hours waiting and a two hour bus trip to MNL. Got to believe the low number of passengers caused the CNX, not a MX issue. Cebu Pacific should read their own website and try to follow what they promise. While they are at it they can fix the grammatical errors.

Flight Disruptions – Delays and Cancellations
In the event that your Cebu Pacific flight is cancelled we will reschedule you on the next available Cebu Pacific flight free or charge and issue you a one-way Travel Voucher.
We do not compensate, reimburse or provide tickets for travel on other airlines and takes no responsibility whatsoever should a cancellation cause you to misconnect to another flight.
Changes to your reservation will be communicated via SMS, or email, or phone call. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure the contact numbers provided are current. Cebu Pacific takes no responsibility in the event that guests are not reached for advice.

camper
3rd May 2009, 01:14
hahahahahaha! makes you wonder why it's still in business..:=

MachDaddy
3rd May 2009, 18:11
I had a similar experience with this BuPak airline.

I've never flown on 5J before so I thought I'd give it a try. Booked a flight DVO-SIN. The flight was scheduled to depart around 2000ish. Departure time came and went with no word from anybody. So, I thought it's delayed by a few minutes. Fine, it happens. An hour went by and I start to wonder what the heck is going on. There is no aircraft at the end of the jetway and no staff at the front desk. 1.5 hours went by and still nothing. No aircraft, no staff, no announcement, NOTHING. The pax load was very light that evening. So, I thought to myself, would it be possible if the flight left early and I missed it? I asked some of the pax and noticed they were also waiting for their flight to SIN. One of them even said that this is normal ops for 5J. I made a comment saying they could've at least made an announcement regarding the situation. Anyway, 2 hrs past ETD and I have not heard squat from 5J. None of the pax seemed to care so I thought maybe this is just the way it is around here.

Finally, a 5J employee showed up. Cool! We're about to go. So this girl (who looked like she just got out of high school) sits on the floor behind the desk and starts playing with her phone. I approached her and asked about the status of the flight. And her reply was, "Sir, the plane is late. It is departing CEB right now and should be here in an hour." I wanted to be a smartass but ended up saying, "why didn't you say so earlier?" She just looked at me like I was stupid or something.

It's been over 3 hrs past departure time and the CN shows up. I almost laughed my ass off because this dude came walking in (with his aviator sunglasses, i-Pod, and spikey hair do) looking like he has no care in the world about the situation. I mean, this dude looked so cool, he made Maverick look like a welfare case. Even Maverick would shy away from wearing his aviators in the middle of the night.

The rest of the crew shows up. And guess what they all do? Sit on the floor behind the desk and giggle with the front desk girl. Un-f&^%ing-believable! Oh well, at least they're all here, right?

The flight finally left close to 4 hrs late. The only good thing is, I got a real bargain for this flight to SIN. I guess, I got what I paid for.