PDA

View Full Version : BA - booked vs actual flights

candoo
1st May 2009, 14:26
Me and Mrs Candoo were making last minute preparations for our summer vacation to Cyprus - like booking somewhere to stay even though we leave on the 12th May or is it the 13th?

I booked flights sometime ago and had e-mail confirmation etc... all well and good. Last night when checking arrival and departure times was totally flummoxed to find our outgoing flight has been moved by a day and completely different time.

I have e-mail confirmation of original flight saying flying out on 12th May arriving at stupid 'o' clock in Pathos on the 13th now when I check my booking on the BA site it tells me I land at 15:50 local time the day before!!!!!!

Return flight also changed but not by much - like 8 hours.

Cannot get through by telephone but have assumed checking my booking on website to be true flights.... or are they?

Makes a real difference booking cars, accommodation if you know what's happening :mad:

GroundedSLF
1st May 2009, 14:51
BA only show 1 flight from Gatwick to Paphos on 12 or 13 May.

BA2868 departing LGW at 09.20 arriving PFO at 15.50

If that is the correct flight number, BA may have had a schedule change, and should have alerted you (via email or text if you signed up to text messaging) - check your junk folder.

candoo
1st May 2009, 15:39
GroundedSLF yeah did all that nothing showed up.

One is also a bit anal about making sure have the right details etc..

Had we been a bit more organised and booked accommodation earlier we would for sure have used the originally advised flight details and screwed up.

I can tell you right now we were scheduled on completely different flights which, as you correctly say, are no longer available on BA website.

I suspect that because I booked them for free using miles that I have been messed around - but moi is only cynical :hmm: