PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations CASA

thunderbird five
1st May 2009, 11:57
The nice folk at CASA have sent my Aero Club some posters on the new random drug and alcohol testing. My club has one plane, one pilot, and a small club house. CASA knows this. How many posters did we get?
TWENTY.

What in the flying duck are we supposed to do with 20 posters CASA?:eek:
We have enough to wallpaper the whole tea room I think.

TB5:sad:

sms777
1st May 2009, 12:03
Look at the money you will be saving on toilet paper.
Thank you CASA!

Time Bomb Ted
1st May 2009, 12:13
May I ask a silly question? How would CASA know you only have one plane and one pilot?

mjbow2
1st May 2009, 12:30
If they didn't know, then why did they waste my money sending 20?

Arnold E
1st May 2009, 12:32
Is this a genuine club, with one aircraft and one pilot, or a tax dodge? genuine question!

Dog One
1st May 2009, 13:09
One would think that CASA would have the information at hand, as being the regulator who would have issued the Aero Club with its AOC, which would have the only aircraft listed on it. Sounds like a lack of communication to me.

the wizard of auz
1st May 2009, 13:10
The word Club usually infers more than one person. I would suggest that CASA may have sent 20 posters for some of the other club member pilots to take home. I am pretty sure CASA actually have no idea how many members your club has, or how many of those members are pilots. :hmm:
If you feel so incensed at receiving so many posters, and they are not required, send them back to CASA and suggest they pass them along to a bigger club.

206greaser
1st May 2009, 14:02
Thanks for the laugh TB5! Your club isn't Alcoholics Anonymous is it? ;)

Nice one CASA!

Cheers,
Greaser

bill.lumbergh
1st May 2009, 15:25
At least you won't have any issues with aircraft availability at your club. :}
Unless of course you get upset with yourself and don't sign yourself out.

thunderbird five
1st May 2009, 20:51
Dog One has it: We have an AOC, one chief pilot, & various CASA reps have been here recently.

Yes we have members, but as far as members taking posters home - yep like that's gunna happen. Imagine - the choice between a poster of "Miss August" (or "Mr." - if that's your thing) on the wall of the garage/lounge/study, or a CASA "here, pee in this" poster.:D

Sunfish
1st May 2009, 21:19
Thunderbird Five.

1. Hang One poster.

2. Make the other Nineteen into paper aircraft.

3. Your club now has Twenty aircraft!

Ultralights
1st May 2009, 21:32
its only because of your clubs exclusivity that casa sent so many posters.

Howard Hughes
1st May 2009, 21:43
Thats not fair, my errr 'club' which has around a dozen aircraft, didn't get any!:{

Capt Fathom
1st May 2009, 23:14
Look at the money you will be saving on toilet paper

Shiny toilet paper just doesn't do it! :uhoh:

Dog One
1st May 2009, 23:50
T5 - CASA might be expecting you to hand out the posters to all the local pubs (hang above the urinals), newsagents, and library.

solowflyer
2nd May 2009, 00:42
We got sent 2 tubes of 20 posters and 60 pampthlets, again we are a one man operation, as did my mate in his one man operation. Am considering returning to sender, As should every other opperator in the country. That will f<>k em.

What a compleat waste of money. CASA if you are reading this pull you head out and reduce your fees if this crap is all you can come up with spending our money on :yuk::ugh: F/';k wits

Lodown
2nd May 2009, 01:18
Look at it from the CASA department viewpoint. You ask for a budget of $XX+30% to do an education campaign, thinking that if it is approved, the number will be knocked down by 30% to the amount you want. Some numbskull approves the entire amount. Now you have to spend it all because it's an administrative nightmare and a black cross against your name to hand any back.

aditya104
3rd May 2009, 10:56
Sending ERSA/maps would be a better idea

Arnold E
3rd May 2009, 13:06
Look, I know I'm pretty dumb, but how does a club exist with one plane and one pilot. Please explain! As I've said, I know I'm dumb.:confused::confused::confused:

Peter Fanelli
3rd May 2009, 14:49
Some of you just don't get it do you.
CASA orders X number of packages of posters from the printers probably based on the number of AOC's out there. These arrive prepackaged with 20 posters in each unit, because the printers have machines which can do that.
Somewhere along the line a mailing label is thrown on it and off they go to the recipients. Maybe they are labeled and sent direct from the printers. Do you really want to pay CASA to have the people in place to go down the list of AOC's, determine a good number of posters for each AOC, unpackage the posters, count the posters, repackage the posters and mail the posters?

The fecking posters probably cost a few cents each, get over it and worry about the bigger picture.

ReverseFlight
3rd May 2009, 16:13
We spend a fortune on licence reprints and ASIC renewals every year.

CASA's got to spend it somewhere, right ?

Yon Garde
3rd May 2009, 23:11
Seems CASA are flat out solving problems that don't significantly exist. At least their guaranteed to suceed I suppose.

It's much easier than selecting real issues that take too much effort.

Of the many hundreds of pilots I've come across, I could only think of one or two that have had real issues with drugs or alchohol. In cases like this, all the (very) random testing, promotional pens, and plastic calendars with March missing would not have made a difference. Professional pilots keeping an eye on their collegues welfare does.

Reminds me of Chairman Rudd's "Alco-pops". Gets dragged out every time they need a distraction from a real issue.

rotaryman
3rd May 2009, 23:49
The fecking posters probably cost a few cents each, get over it and worry about the bigger picture

Like the fact the Inmates are running the assylum..

Remember Casa Motto..At CASA We are Not Happy, Till Your Not Happy..:ok:

Jazzy78910
4th May 2009, 09:51
Bah, when I used to manage in Retail, we'd throw out 20 posters a WEEK. Every wholesaler seemed to envision their own point-of-sale / advertising plastered across our surfaces to the exclusion of all other brands, but obviously we had to put up only a few posters from each wholesaler.

It's quite scary to see just how much advertising is created and then thrown away without ever serving it's intended purpose... The world we live in.. :(