PDA

View Full Version : Crash in The DRC!!

Trimbuster11
29th Apr 2009, 19:22
:eek:
Anybody got any news.............I hear it was possibly a NG Boeing aircraft?

Safe-T
29th Apr 2009, 19:40
Preliminary info based on media reports:

A Boeing 737 was reportedly destroyed during an accident near Massamba Village, Bandundu Province, Democratic Republic of Congo. There is no information yet on the fate of both crew members.
Conflicting media reports indicate that the airplane involved was a Boeing 737 (Reuters, AP) or a Boeing 727 (Radio Okapi). It was initially reported that the airplane was headed for Nairobi, but a more recent Reuters report indicated that the airplane operated on a ferry flight from Bangui Airport (BGF), Central African Republic to Harare Airport (HRE), Zimbabwe with a refueling stop at Brazzaville-Maya Maya Airport (BZV), Congo.

ASN Aircraft accident Boeing 737 Massamba, Bandundu Province (http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20090429-0)

RICCARDOVOLANTE
30th Apr 2009, 05:31
29 Apr 2009; TL-ADR, 737-200, 21281/472, Del 14/9/76, CentrAfrique; Near Kinshasa, Congo:

The aircraft crashed and burned at 0600h local time near Kinshasa, the capital of the Democratic Republic of Congo. Reports indicate the aircraft belonging to CentrAfrique Air Express and operating as a freight flight, took off from Brazzaville in the Congo and was headed for an interim stop in Nairobi along the way to Harare, Zimbabwe. The flight originated in the Central African Republic city of Bangui. There were 2 crew members on board.

RV

atpcliff
30th Apr 2009, 20:18
Hi.

I just took a photo of that plane in NBO a day or two ago. It did not look like it was very well maintained. We have seen it a few times around the area.

cliff
NBO

Juliet Sierra Papa
30th Apr 2009, 21:01
Hi all

Below taken from news24.com

All seven crew members were killed when the aircraft crashed while landing at Kenge, 320km east of Kinshasa.
It was on its way from the Central African Republic (CAR) to Harare, in Zimbabwe for repairs.
According to Kinshasa, the crew had comprised two Cameroonians, two from the Congo Republic, and one each from the CAR, Zimbabwe and France. - SAPA

Another sad day in African Aviation.

JSP

JTrain
1st May 2009, 09:25
Any news on the cause of the accident?

Based on the reports I've read, seems some sort of inflight malfunction brought them down, and they were trying to land.

jt

arf1410
1st May 2009, 14:31
atpcliff - can you post that pic you said you took a day or two earlier?

atpcliff
2nd May 2009, 18:19
Hi!

How would I post the photo here???? I tried to figure it out, but failed.

I am trying to upload it to airliners.net, and it is on my facebook page.

cliff
NBO

thats entertainment!
3rd May 2009, 07:36
There is a thread running on this subject under Rumours and News, including an uploaded pic of the aircraft and some info on who it belonged to..