PDA

View Full Version : PVR & Return of Service.

FC Boy
29th Apr 2009, 15:23
Having done 18 months as a FC, I've been told that they may not let me out until I have given 3 years return of service since checking out. In theory, I have no issue with that however...

I am still on the same 22 year (done 17) contract I was on prior to going FC and was not shown any info on the ROS. No paperwork was signed by me agreeing to it so, I'm curious as to how they might try and enforce it.

Does anyone have any experience in this area, all input greatly appreciated.

c130jbloke
29th Apr 2009, 17:27
No paperwork was signed by me agreeing to it so,

I think that by you doing the FC cse that will be the paperwork covered. Even so, with 50% of the 3 yrs done, were you to PVR tomorrow would you not be out at the 3yr point (ish) anyway ?

Presumeing that you are on AFPS 75, it would take something to go with little more than a tour to the IPP.

Then again, you are an FC....................:eek:

Fire 'n' Forget
29th Apr 2009, 18:33
Depends on how quick you want out? Ok you have a 3 yr ROS but with all the resettlement and leave plus if you want to do ELC courses you could be out well within a year.

As you are a SNCO FC, you come under Ops Spt (FC) Officers desk, give him a call and see what the situation is regarding both the SNCO and Off FC manning. He may well 'know' something regarding future manning levels. Likewise if your current XO is happy to gap the post then he can deal with the desky to release you earlier.

But remember if you start to get difficult then doors will slam shut fairly quickly, its best to find solutions and do a bit of give and take.

Don't know why you want to leave the 'Tower of FC Power' anyway, get yourself in charge of some Klix Machines and you will be a WO in 6 years anyway :suspect:

Could be the last?
29th Apr 2009, 19:13
Aren't they about to have surplus FCs anyway.................:E

Never Alert
30th Apr 2009, 07:00
Not entirely sure why 'FC Boy' felt obliged to copy a post I placed on E-Goat and place it here. :ugh:

I'd appreciate it if it could be removed as I've already gained the advice I needed.

Vim_Fuego
30th Apr 2009, 12:39
It's been happening a lot recently! Try not to get too bothered by it, the culprit will discover sex eventually and move on to that...

Could be the last? Care to put some meat on the bones for your comment?

FCWhippingBoy
1st May 2009, 11:22
Vim,

I think he's (possibly) referring to the rumour of the (possible) surplus of FJ navs (possibly) re-training to FC and taking FC slots on the E3, thus leaving a (possible) surplus of FCs without a job!

Just possibly mind!

BTW, have you recovered from your week at Boulmer yet?

Vim_Fuego
1st May 2009, 12:45
That could be it...

FCWB...Loved it...so much so I'm back up for the JAM course later in the year!

Pure Pursuit
2nd May 2009, 09:16
With the branch sitting at 60% manning, I dare say any F3 mates coming over will only help!

I'm guessing most of them will try and get onto the GR4 first however, with 15 Sqn being in the state it is.... huge bottleneck.

AdanaKebab
2nd May 2009, 09:25
I think the current terminology you are all looking for is SNCO Aerospace Battle Manager!!!! :ok:

Never Alert
3rd May 2009, 10:09
I think you'll find that SNCO FCs are now SNCO WCs & are not part of the ABM branch.

We're just one big team...:ugh:

airwaverider
4th May 2009, 13:19
Check with your branch spon never alert, it was snco wc, changed again to snco abm:ok:

Never Alert
4th May 2009, 22:07
Thank god for that...

Water Closet was not doing the ego any good at all!